BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
The Financial Security aims to prevent corruption, money-laundering and financing of terrorism and to comply with embargoes and international financial sanctions. To this end, BNP Paribas has set up a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering process to deal with alerts coming from external triggers, the Transaction Monitoring System and the business (called Unusual Activity Reports). The alert management framework is organized into 3 levels to screen and process alerts: level 1 (within the business), level 2 (within Compliance: case investigation and drafting of the Suspicious Activity Report) and level 3 (Compliance final decision on the case before sending the case to local regulator).
The Compliance is recruiting Compliance officers to staff the new team in Lisbon which will handle the UARs from FRB (France) within the 2nd level of the alert management framework.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a follow-up on the UARs that are pending for more data within the business
- Suggest process simplification and systems and methodologies enhancements
- Assist AML Compliance officers on how to treat a case (most difficult cases or when a new procedure/policy is issued)
- Perform a 4 eyes control on the case declared closed by the junior compliance officers
- Perform quality checks on the closed UARs
- Make a decision to definitely close the case or escalate suspicious cases for further review and investigation to Level. Maintain an appropriate audit trail and documentation to support the evidence and resolution of each case
- Prepare a quality feedback to the business on received UARs (monthly) to improve the relevance of the UARs
- Keep updated on developments on KYC/AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations and exchange with onshore teams (Compliance, back offices/business, Global Financial Security team, etc)
- Strong degree-level academic qualifications
- Demonstrable understanding of regulation and the financial markets
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
- French fluency (mandatory, both oral and written communication - Level B2)
- Good knowledge of products/services offered by a bank to CIB clients
- Evidence of drive, curiosity, good judgment and good attention to detail
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.