In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The position at a glance
The US Financial and Regulatory Reporting (FinReg) team is responsible for the production of financial and regulatory reports and information required to ensure compliance to regulatory expectations as well as other internal monitoring requirements. The team is seeking a Reporting Specialist who will be responsible to support the CCAR reporting process (production of FR Y-14A/Q reports) to ensure accurate and complete reporting of the various asset classes, capital components, and categories of pre-provision net revenue (PPNR) on a quarterly and semi-annual basis. In addition, this position will provide transversal support across other reporting streams as a FinReg subject matter expert (SME). In this capacity, this Reporting Specialist acts as a gatekeeper for product and topic knowledge across Financial and Regulatory Reporting by staying current and providing interpretive guidance on new and evolving reporting rules, and reinforcing controls with report owners.
The candidate will be responsible to support CCAR report production.
CCAR reporting responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Support the production of CCAR reports (i.e. FR Y-14M, FR Y-14Q, FR Y-14A), interface with data providers and other stakeholders to ensure timely, complete and accurate results are provided to the regulators.
- Ensure data presented in reports are accurate and correctly mapped to the associated line items in each template
- Perform reconciliations and controls
- Prepare and update documentations for CCAR submissions
- Maintain and execute the internal control processes
- Execute controls, variance analysis, reconciliation and other key processes. Perform analysis, investigate exceptions / issues, and follow through to resolution.
- Support or lead process improvements, system enhancements, automation, remediation or other projects to implement continuous enhancements.
- Support second level control testing and internal audit reviews.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in Financial Reporting, Accounting, Regulatory Reporting or equivalent functions
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher educational qualification in Accounting or Finance
- Proficient in MS Excel, SQL or other data query tools
- Finance and banking industry background with specific experience covering corporate and institutional as well as retail banking products and activities
- Experience in process improvements and automation projects.
- Knowledge of FBO and IHC requirements
- Internal or external audit background. CPA or Chartered Accountant is preferred
- Financial or Regulatory Reporting Experience
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **