BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Within Group BNP Paribas Finance Function, Europe, Middle East &Africa (EMEA) Finance is the department that measures, controls and explains the financial reporting of the Region’s entities, covering a large part of BNP Paribas Business Lines. EMEA Finance is a cross-border organization with teams operating in Paris, Madrid and Lisbon on behalf of the different countries of the Region.
In the EMEA Finance organization, the Subject Matter Streams - Capital Markets Products (SMS-CMP) department ensure an accurate, reliable and comprehensive set of segmented financial data required for the production of all Reporting streams in relation with Capital Markets Business Lines.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within the SMS CMP team, the Financial Analyst Trainee position contributes to the below Team assignments:
- Contribute to the monitoring of Capital Market Businesses controlling the reconciliation of the accounting and economical P&L followed by the Front and Middle Offices. Main financial instruments in scope are Derivatives, Forex, Bonds, Issuer bonds, Equities, Commodities.
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis of the breaks identified
- Contribute to the BNP Paribas Group Financial statements and Regulatory Reporting
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes (controls, restitution and synthesis)
- Participate to transversal projects
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Strong understanding of accounting and international accounting framework
- Financial instruments
- Capital Market activities knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good level of English (mandatory) and French (desirable)
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: TraineeJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time