The position is within the Performance Management Pole in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Head of the department. Our main internal clients are located in New York and in Canada.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The analyst is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the general ledgers for the entities under the team’s responsibility for all Staff cost natures. When applicable, he/she coordinates reviews and potential adjustments with the business / functions that they support.
The analyst is responsible for the collection, processing, and reporting of monthly accruals for some staff cost like payroll, benefits, Pension plan, Bonus, Expatriates, Medical and other benefits. He/she monitors and reports the expenses of the bank, reviews the ledgers, and analyzes/reconciles his/her accounts to ensure their accuracy.
He/she is a key contributor of the (bi-) yearly forecast and budget exercise for the nature under his/her scope of activity and providing comments on Monthly basis.
Accounting & Control Functions dedicated to Staff cost nature:
• Perform month-end financial closings for all the entities (in IFRS and US GAAP).
• Enforce controls; prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
• Review ledgers and perform account analysis, including reconciliations of balance sheet items for respective expenses accounts.
• Review daily transactional account activity/daily ledgers for posting errors and back-value transactions.
• Prepare and book daily/monthly entries as necessary. Assess, prepare and record monthly accruals and intercompany invoices.
• Prepare and record the billing for dual employment on a monthly basis
• Work with the departments/teams generating expenses (HR benefits) – for instance, to understand the nature of expenses and obtain the information necessary for proper recording and reporting.
• Analyze, reconcile, and review all accounts under the position’s responsibility by performing a variance analysis of corresponding expenses/prepaid/balance sheet items, highlighting trends, and following up on questions/concerns.
• Provide the necessary information for the forecast and budget process for all North American entities.
• Monitor the implementation of US GAAP reporting and maintain the documentation.
• Provide assistance in responding to questions from the internal auditors, external auditors, Client Service Team, Operations, and other support groups.
• Ensure prompt resolution and follow-up of questions / requests for information.
• Escalate problems/issues to the platform head.
• Provide quality service to other groups.
Projects, systems support, operational process improvements:
• Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and after care post deployment.
• Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility.
• Observe the bank’s policies and procedures.
• Provide reporting coverage by nature of expenses and by cost centers by :
- Learn the reports, tasks and requirements of the person they are backing up.
- Train his back-up on the preparation of the reports and tasks under his responsibility.
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• CPA Degree from a reputable university with USGAAP/IFRS (an asset) knowledge and basic knowledge in compensation accounting
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience within an audit firm or management accounting experience, preferably within Financial Services Industries
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Financial accounting knowledge of Compensation benefits products (salary, bonus, VDC, dual employments, benefits, etc)
• Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables and most common Excel functions)
• Knowledge of US Payroll (an asset)
• Autonomous and capability to work in a diverse team in a context of strict deadline and in an international environment.
• Ability to learn new systems and products quickly
• Perfect bilingual French/English
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Commitment, rigorous in his job and flexible in order to commit the deadlines within an international environment.
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
• Able to optimize processes.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.