The position is within the Performance Management Pole in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Head of the department. Our main internal clients are located in New York and in Canada.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The analyst is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the general ledgers for the entities under the team’s responsibility for all operating and non-staff cost natures. When applicable, he/she coordinates review and potential adjustments with the business / functions that they support.
The analyst is responsible for the collection, processing, and reporting of monthly accruals for all operating expenses and non-staff expenses, such as brokerage fees, premises, and operational assets (e.g. cost of IT equipment and data services). He/she monitors and reports the expenses of the bank, reviews the ledgers, and analyzes/reconciles his/her accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Accounting & Control Functions dedicated to operating expenses and non-staff cost nature:
• Perform month-end financial closing for all the entities (in IFRS and US GAAP).
• Enforce controls; prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
• Review ledgers and perform account analysis, including reconciliations of balance sheet items for respective expenses accounts.
• Work with the departments/teams generating expenses (Legal, finance and other functions) – for instance, to understand the nature of the expense and obtain the information necessary for proper recording and reporting.
• Prepare and book daily/monthly entries as necessary. Assess, prepare and record monthly accruals and intercompany invoices.
• Analyze, reconcile, and review all accounts under their responsibility by performing a variance analysis of corresponding expenses/prepaid/balance sheet items, highlighting trends, and following up on questions/ concerns.
• Provide the necessary information for the forecast and budget process for all North American entities.
• On a timely basis, provide complete and accurate financial data to the various reporting teams and to management for report production (under IFRS and US GAAP)
• Support the team located in Mumbai. Implement and maintain controls on their tasks (intercompany reinvoicing, fixed assets maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, etc).
• Maintain the documentation on process and procedures.
• Provide assistance in responding to questions from the internal auditors, external auditors, Client Service Team, Operations, and other support groups by:
-Ensuring prompt resolution and follow-up of questions / requests for information
-Escalating problems / issues to the platform head
-Providing quality service to other groups
Projects, systems support, operational process improvements:
• Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and after care post deployment.
• Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility.
• Observe the bank’s policies and procedures.
• Provide reporting coverage by :
-Learning the reports, tasks and requirements of the person they are backing up.
-Training his back-up on the preparation of the reports and tasks under her/his responsibility.
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Accounting degree from a reputable university. CPA designation.
• Minimum 4-5 years of financial and/or management accounting experience, preferably within Financial Services Industries
• Working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, both IFRS and US GAAP and regulatory and tax accounting rules and regulations
• Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables and most common excel functions)
• Capability to learn fast to use new systems and products
• Experience with SAP system is desirable
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in French and in English
• Commitment, rigorous in his job and flexible in order to commit the deadline within an international environment.
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
• Bilingual French/English
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.