In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Associate / Analyst role within the Loans & Specialized Finance department, to support the origination and execution of loan capital market opportunities in APAC in the energy transition space (Low Carbon Transition Group) and Energy & Natural Resources.
Lead and help senior members of the team in the origination, execution, and management of ENR/LCTG transactions within Asia and support other non-commercial banking activities.
- Support LSF senior originators in the origination of loans across Asia-Pacific including in coordination with M&A, IBA Sectors, DCM, ECM
- Support deal execution
- Support term sheet drafting/negotiations and financing documentation reviews/negotiations
- Impeccable conduct and strict individual compliance with all applicable compliance, conduct and other policies
- Be the first line of defense on Risk/Credit/Compliance
- Other tasks as required or defined from time to time
- Liaison with clients/external parties and other teams as and when required
- Support on cross selling other banking services to client
- Contribute to maintain up to date and accurate data bases, systems, portfolio, pipeline, meeting and other reports as well as financial/income forecasts, budget preparation, etc
- Contribute & support directly/indirectly to the achievement of overall LSF-ENR’s yearly budget
- Contribute to strict compliance of LSF will all compliance, conduct and other policies
- Deal by deal reporting to relevant senior team members on specific transactions
- Permanent non-deal direct reporting to the nominated Director or MD
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong analytical skills including credit analysis and financial modelling
- Good understanding of loan documentation
- Interpersonal skills and ability to lead/mentor juniors in the team
- Written and verbal communication skills, conciseness
- Ability to build relationships and convince internal and external stakeholders
- Organization skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and senior team members/customer needs
- Attention to detail
- Sense of initiative, proactivity and knowledge of when to voice out relevant matters
- Autonomy and ability to solve problems
- Strong commitment, ability to work flexible hours and travel
- Work ethics and Integrity
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- 2 years onwards direct experience (ideally in structured finance ,leveraged finance, project finance etc) (work experience to be commensurate with the eventual title)
- Any prior project finance / energy transition/ sustainable financing/ natural resources knowledge is a PLUS
- University educated with strong academic background
- Deep financial modelling experience
- Demonstrated financial analysis and risk analysis skills
- Mandarin, Bahasa or other Asian language desirable but not a pre-requisite