At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for primarily performing diverse administrative support duties and secondarily performing secretarial support duties. Requires good working knowledge of unit practices, policies, programs, and business requirements. Assignments include initiation of, or participation in, various projects, including researching information, providing analysis, and compiling data to convey relevant information.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day administration of the unit and follows up on pending matters.
- Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages. Types correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for unit staff. Formats documents and presentations.
- Initiates and researches information, compiles statistics, gathers, analyzes, and summarizes data for projects or trends and status reports and studies. May assist in preparation of unit budget.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, mail, and visitors. Routes callers, take messages, and answers questions relating to the unit's function. May interact with Company clients to schedule appointments, answer questions, and resolve moderately complex issues. May act as information source for the unit.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of Company's policies and procedures.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
- Orders office supplies. Prepares and processes unit purchase requisitions and vendor invoices.
- Organizes and maintain files, correspondence, records, and other documents.
Other Job Duties
- Complete understanding of the policies, practices, and function of the business unit.
- Performs special assignments and project work as needed.
- May take minutes of staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures with demonstrated administrative and secretarial skills.
- Advanced personal computer skills necessary to format reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphics, et cetera.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and plan and manage short-term, moderately complex projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.