Overall Job Purpose
In a spirit of excellence, integrity, and innovation, CIB Finance & Tax mission is to act as an effective strategic partner in delivering quick, reliable transparent financial performance information and analysis to our stakeholders, while still maintaining our mission of independent control.
Work in strict coordination with the support hubs in Madrid (Oxygen Platform) and India (ISPL) under the direct supervision of the Finance and Business Analysis Accountant in all areas directly associated with this division of the Finance & Tax Function.
The role is primarily responsible for delivering expense control and performance reports as directed for all entities in scope, presenting reports to the Head of Finance and Business Analysis and where requested presenting them to the Heads of the concerned Business Lines, Heads of Functions and local CFO. Particular emphasis on accuracy, completeness, integrity, adherence to reporting and delivery deadlines.
This role will particularly focus on territory expense management. Collaborative correspondent to ITO Facilities locally, Regional Finance (Finance EMEA Hub) and operational teams in ISPL, is paramount to the success of this role.
Develop and enhance the on-going daily expense and payables control environment via continuous interaction with the Oxygen Services Platforms and the Head of F&BA
Roles & Responsibilities
- Expense Performance Management. Design and development of high quality expense management reports to Management, transforming the accounting data into management accounting (cost allocation by Business Line) following the MARP (Management Accounting Rules and Principles, all of them at different split-levels (entity, cost centre, business line, client, product, etc.). Report production is advised and outsourced to the MSFSC while the value added analysis and reconciliation to BaU remains the responsibility of the B&FA team facilitating business and analytical insights advised to Snr Management.
- Technical Validation. Review Invoices ensuring precoding is accurate; manage payment blocks when needed; management of invoicing ensuring consistency of amounts, vendors and value dates; ensure the relevant cost center owner is updated and review payment files.
- Budget process: Monitor the budgets for expenses as part of the upload process to the relevant financial systems.
- Audits: Ensure that all audit requests for expenses are delivered timely.
- Statutory accounts: Participate in the assessment of accounts payable and expenses which may be required as part of the preparation of all financial statements and disclosures for statutory purposes.
- Information for Procurement Committee: Prepare the information for the management committees of the entities under scope relevant to accounts payable and expenses.
- Projects: Active participation in projects of automation of current and future processes of the Area under responsibility.
- Human management: Foster people care, staff engagement and fluent communication within the B&FA Area and other Finance & Tax Areas in the spirit of a Global Finance community collaborative approach.
- Business continuity plan (BCP): Participate in the business continuity tests and ensure that all processes under his/her responsibility are subject to BCP following BNP Paribas policies and procedures including all software applications within the remit of the Area.
- Performance: Contribute periodical information (minimum monthly) of performance, risk and control indicators of the area under responsibility (KPI, KRI and KCI), following the standard defined for the Finance & Tax Department.
- Connectivity with the Production Teams and MCE (Measure, Control and Explain) Missional Teams in Regional Platforms: Foster close interaction and implementation of efficient communication tools ensuring full connectivity with the Oxygen services platforms (Madrid, Lisbon and Mumbai), in a collaborative organizational set-up, for all processes under his/her direct responsibility or accountability. Ensure that clear split of responsibilities exist in the process, fostering efficient working avoiding duplication.
Qualification, Experience & Competencies
Language skills: Fluent in English
Educational background: Finance and accounting or Accounting Technician, applicant may be currently studying finance.
3+ years experience in the financial services industry (banking, capital markets, custody, and fund administration). Experience in Accounts Payables and expenses highly desirable.
Training will be provided on internal BNPP digital reporting tools.
IT skills: capacity to use several of the following office tools in a proficient manner => MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access)
Equality and Diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.