Your Main Activities Are
- Operate first level accounting controls
- Monitor the accounting quality and identify anomalies
- Exchange with Back Offices in order to analyse the issues and conclude on the necessary potential amendments
- Report the findings of the operated controls through comments with conclusions on the risk and indicators
- Prepare notes and synthesis documents and deliver comprehensive and synthetic reports
- Follow up on external and internal audit recommendations
- Facilitate the elaboration of action plans
- Perform inter-closing works, to contribute to post closing queries from the Financial Management
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Bank (Capital Market)
- Professional experience : Young graduate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- An expertise in Excel and Access is a plus (to contribute to the automation of files and processes) as well as an experience using Business Objects
- Analytical skills, organizational capacities, rigour and deadlines respect
- Communication skills (good relational capacities, teamwork and adaptability)
- English is mandatory
- Basic skills in French, would be a plus
About the Team
- The team of SMS CMP 1LOD is responsible for the following
- To ensure that the local accounting activities comply with the minimum control standards procedures of Group accounting
- To perform the 1st level controls related to the Group accounting control plans
- To report the findings via dashboard to the Management and Internal Control
- To maintain a high level of accounting data quality
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.