BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a
leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of an integrated
bank. It provides multi asset post trade and asset servicing solutions for institutional participants in the investment cycle, from the buy-side and sell-side to corporates and issuers. Covering over 100 markets, offices in 34 countries and over 8,800 employees, the BNP Paribas network is one of the most extensive in the industry. We bring together local insight and a global network to enable clients to maximize their market and investment opportunities worldwide.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Serve as a Custody Account Manager interacting with internal service partners across global operations and the client (including – Institutions, Brokers, Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, Wealth Management, etc.)
- The role is the first (and daily) entry point of contact for the clients and will act as trusted source in managing client expectations versus BNP Paribas delivery throughout the trade lifecycle for Global Custody activities
- Ensure accurate responses to client queries and timely delivery versus Service Level Agreements while interpreting client’s needs and sourcing internal parties to remediate issues or expand product offering
- Actively participate in client conference calls (calls, video, in-person), while guiding clients through the account opening and market entry process.
- Adherence to all US regulations as related to the services offered, along with the adherence to internal bank and business line procedures and policies.
- Adherence to internal controls to eliminate risk and operational losses
- Provide clients with ad hoc reports as agreed and stay abreast of industry/BNP products, rules, initiatives that may impact the clients covered.
- Support and complete projects and initiatives as assigned
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s foremost financial institutions, and offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.`
Bank of the West, our retail banking and services affiliate, serves more than 2 million individuals and small- and medium-sized businesses through a network of around 500 branches and business centers across the U.S.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas The Bank for a Changing World.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor or higher degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication across verbal, written and presentation skills
- Positive, energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Analytical, rigorous, with attention to details
- Build and maintain transversal, non-hierarchical relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in a Customer Service Environment at a broker/dealer or global custodian
- Track record of project management coordination and delivers
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.