The Managed Funds team sits within the Operations Division of BNP Paribas Securities Services. They are dedicated to providing a Premier level of service to all clients which invest in Managed Funds and unlisted and non-exchange traded investment schemes.
The team is responsible for end to end processes for Managed Funds Investments. This broadly covers the following areas:
- Responsibility for the execution of trade instructions to market in a timely and correct manner on behalf of the Company’s clients
- Ensuring timely settlement of all trades in the market
- Ensuring systems are updated in a timely manner for all client and fund manager driven transactions
- Reconciliation of cash, transactions, pricing and units
- Sourcing and updating unit prices for unlisted assets
- Capturing and processing all periodic Corporate Action activities
The Managed Funds Team is responsible for responding professionally and proactively to any queries from external or internal clients.
Due to the developing nature of Managed Funds functions and team the role will be responsible for adapting and incorporating new investment structures and functions.
The Account Manager is required to ensure the effective end to end function requirements of the Managed Funds functions, resources, systems and team are operating at an optimal level.
The functions includes but not limited to the below:
- Fund set up with Fund managers and internal systems
- Trade execution
- Asset Service functions
- Pricing, distribution and corporate actions
- Vendor management
- Business and market partnerships
- Senior management exposure
- Business support for function and systems
The Managed Funds Account Manager is responsible for supervising and managing the production streams within the team. Specifically this includes overseeing the daily processes, managing “up” and “down” by supporting both the Officers and the Manager. The role is responsible for the management of operations and the mitigation of risk in the function. The Account Manager is responsible for the smooth daily functioning of the Managed Funds team and with the implementation of projects and management of any client movement.
The Account Manager must be focused on educating staff in understanding and treating transactions correctly, with the ability to use a number of different systems. They require good knowledge of financial markets products and their treatment. The Account Manager assists with providing on-the-job training and development to the Managed Funds Officers.
The Account Manager is required to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal professionalism. Communication occurs with Fund Managers and BP2S Clients. Internal regular interactions take place with BP2S teams from Operations, Relationship Management, Fund Administration, Custody Control and Treasury ensuring the timely and correct settlement of all related Managed Funds functions. They also deal and resolve client, product and service issues and requests.
A valuable and contributing team member, they demonstrate excellent service and work ethics. They complete their work accurately and on time, in line with operational risk policies, ensuring compliance. They are keen to learn and develop their technical knowledge and skills.
This is a growth business and the volumes handled in this area continue to increase, the ability to proactively manage and plan for any opportunities of improvement will be required for this role. They contribute to and participate in team and related business projects as and when required.
Responsible for all trade lifecycle events including trade execution to settlement and valuations for domestic and international managed investment schemes.
Ensure all staff accurately process instructions as received from internal and external clients.
The Account Manager is responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Managed Funds standards of high skills, training, knowledge and professionalism
- Ensuring that staff and the bank have effective compliance and risk reviews and actions to mitigate risk to the firm
- Assisting with the strategic and tactical management of the Managed Funds operational functions to ensure alignment to global and local BNP Paribas operational models
- Ensuring compliance within BNP Paribas, local and global regulations and market standards
- Effective partnerships with the BNP Paribas departments domestically and globally
- Effective partnerships with the BNP Paribas vendors and market participants
- Assisting with the management, review and sign off of projects and transitional requirements
- Assisting with the management, review and sign off of any operational changes and developments
- Driving the business through competitive advantages, best practices, market standards and effective developments
- Effective escalation at all levels of the bank
- Contribute to the effective development and promotion of the BNP Paribas brand
- Providing information and MIS to assist management with strategical developments and planning
- Oversee the function and relationship of various parties in trading Managed Funds including Investment managers, fund accountants, unit registry, operational controllers, settlements etc.
- Ensure all internal and external deadlines are met with the highest levels of accuracy.
Provide technical and advance knowledge and support to staff and internal and external clients in the following areas:
- Supervise and train staff to ensure a proactive and knowledgeable culture exists for fostering a positive environment in achieving the team goals
- Provide value added services for clients dealing in domestic and international managed investment schemes.
- Provide the client with exceptional service in all aspects of their dealing with the Managed Funds team
- Manage efficiently the production cycles for the Managed Funds functions which include Unlisted Unit Trusts, SICAV’s, Mutual Funds and hedge Funds
- Provide optimal risk measures for security and valuation reconciliations
Qualification / experience
Minimum of 10 years work related experience in the financial services industry.
Advanced knowledge of Alternative Investments with regards to:
- Understanding market and regulatory requirements
- Investment and fund operations
- Current and future product requirements
- Platforms and systems (accounting, custody and pricing)
- Custody and treasury operational requirements
- Accounting treatment and developments
- Tax understanding and reporting
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Managing staff
Having a degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline; or relevant work experience in a similar role would be highly regarded
Having market related qualifications such as CPA, CFA or FINSIA qualifications would be highly regarded
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & Word
- MS Word & Excel
- Accountability - Committed to achieving the organization’s objectives. Demonstrates perseverance and is accountable for own actions.
- Attention to detail - Ensures accuracy and implements processes to ensure quality of output. Ensures high personal standards in all areas of work.
- Communication - Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience. Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
- Excellence - Results driven, committed to achieve consistently high standards in people, products and service that will make us the provider of choice for clients, and deliver returns for shareholders
- Innovation - Proactively looks for opportunities for continuous improvement and thinks creatively
- Team Orientation - Works with the team and the broader organization towards shared goals and treats all colleagues and clients as partners
- Planning & Execution - Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages own time and resources to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Client Service – Ability to provide excellence in customer service and management
- Results Focused – Looking to deliver on time and on budget
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize workloads and the team against competing deliverables