BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.662 trillion in assets under administration, 10,545 funds administered and 11,932 employees.
Corporate Trust Services provides debt solution services across a variety of products, focusing primarily on the Collateral Debt Obligation and Loan Fund markets. We provide a premier account administration service for loan portfolios across a number of global clients.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the role is to administer loan portfolios, which can include Loan Funds and CDOs, providing a knowledgeable relationship management service to new and existing clients located in Europe or accessing the European markets. It is imperative the administration of these transactions is performed in a timely and responsive manner with particular emphasis placed on the accuracy of investor reports, including note valuation reports, and investor distributions. The position is based within a team of Account Administrators/Managers, reporting to a Team Leader, and working closely with each other to deliver a first class service to our clients.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Provide both pre and post-closing relationship management to clients mainly based in Europe or accessing the European markets.
• Administration of loan portfolios, including loan settlements, reporting, maintenance of the book of record.
• Maintaining and interpreting portfolio compliance and testing.
• Produce and maintain localised Policies and Procedures.
• Dealing with all aspects of portfolio assets, particularly interest/principal payments and corporate actions.
• Reconciliation of portfolio assets.
• Reconciliation of cash accounts.
• Troubleshooting investor enquiries.
• Accurate and timely update of relevant information on all record keeping systems.
• Develop and maintain a robust record keeping system for all manual records.
• Review and interpretation of legal documentation.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Loan Agents and various counterparties.
• Assist in the development of new business opportunities.
• Train and develop new members of staff.
• Carry out loan and bond settlements via the bank’s platform.
• Providing support to our team in Lisbon, this will include the opportunity to visit the team on a regular basis.
• Adherence to bank policies and compliance requirements.
Skills and Experience required
• Prior experience of loan administration and good understanding of the loans market, and in particular bi-lateral loans, syndicated loans, loan funds including direct-lending.
• Cash and asset reconciliation experience
• Processing of payments, MT103, MT202 etc.
• Understanding of loan trade documentation, transfer certificates, pricing letters etc.
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret legal documentation, such as Offering Circulars, Facilities Agreements etc.
• Microsoft Office
• Strong team player who shows initiative, accountability, and is able to self-motivate.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills, deadline focused yet shows great attention to detail.
• CDO administration
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-LondonJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Not indicatedSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change