At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
Power, Infrastructure and Project Finance (“PIPF”) provides advisory services, arranges, structures and advances non-recourse (or limited recourse) loans for client activities including power and energy; renewables, such as wind, solar and bio-fuel; and infrastructure projects. PIPF maintains a large, diversified loan portfolio of over 70 borrowers.
The origination and execution of Project Finance transaction is done by the PIPF Origination and Execution Group, which is a part of the Asset Finance and Securitization (“ASF”) group.
PIPF Account & Credit Management Team is a part of the Credit & Portfolio Management group, and is responsible for the monitoring and proactive management of the PIPF loan portfolio in North and Latin America, after the initial closing until termination / repayment.
Portfolio and Account Management:
- Understand and independently manage all aspects of a number of assigned Project Finance accounts, including credit, legal, and compliance issues. Assigned accounts could include several complex transactions including deals where BNPP is the Agent Bank. Deals will include gas-fired merchant power plants, renewables, infrastructure projects, etc.
- Prepare credit and financial analysis and complete Annual Reviews and Quarterly Watch list / Doubtful Reports.
- Prepare internal credit proposals for amendments, waivers, and other requests for deals where BNPP is a participant.
- Perform financial modeling and run sensitivities for transactions; interpret model results and create summaries to be used in internal and external documents.
- Handle compliance and covenant related issues, including monitoring compliance receivables for each account.
- Proactively identify risks in the portfolio and deteriorating credits; communicate proactively with senior managers, Risk officers, Origination team members, relationship managers etc.
- Liaise with the Bank’s Restructuring team for troubled deals.
- Help in origination and execution activities wherever appropriate.
Agency Account Management:
- Negotiate and co-ordinate amendment and waiver requests for deals Agented by BNPP; liaise directly with borrowers, legal counsel, consultants, and Lenders.
- Attend meetings and conference calls with Lenders and clients.
- Update, discuss, and answer questions from participant Lenders on a daily basis.
- Review legal documentation and manage legal due diligence process with appointed lawyers.
- Prepare credit-focused memos for internal and external dissemination.
- Contribute to PIPF Portfolio Review, including overview of the PIPF portfolio, sector concentration, historical evolution of the portfolio, etc.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for reports and presentations from Risk and Management.
- Take ownership and lead other initiatives such as industry reviews, simulations of the entire portfolio based on certain parameters etc.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience of industry experience
- Experience in Project Finance (or other structured finance products) is a strong positive
- Strong analytical skills, including financial and credit analysis.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially financial modelling skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required (ability to present a deal structure and highlights to credit committees, senior management, and other lenders).
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast past environment
- MBA / CFA / CPA would be a plus
- Good understanding of and familiarity with financial statements, accounting, corporate finance principles, debt structures, etc.
- Familiarity with and efficiency in reading and understanding legal documentation (preferably legal documentation related to Project Finance including security agreements and project agreements).
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **