Interns will be placed on one team for the duration of the summer program, where placements could include but are not limited to:
IT Infrastructure:aims to protect the bank, the interest of the bank and its clients. Infrastructure is responsible for the IT Platform used by all users in the Americas. The team includes:
- Cloud: advances the BNPP USA cloud strategy in alignment with the Group strategy while meeting the business strategies of the Americas entities. Uses Cloud computing via Private and Public “Infrastructure-as-a-Service,” “Platform-as-a-Service,” and “Software-as-a-Service” offerings.
- Platform: delivers a world-class platform for the bank’s businesses, clients and users. Provides and supports Servers, Storage, Data protection, Middleware, Database, and Virtualization.
- Telecom & Datacenter: builds a strong infrastructure to serve our Global bank. Provides and supports Network, Network Security, Telecom, Voice and Datacenter.
- Production Factories: develops and provides global services to enable standardization, digitalization, and automation of ITO platforms via DevSecOps toolchain, monitoring, observability and scheduling services. Facilitate Crisis & Command Center, providing incident management services and automation for support and reporting activities within the Global Support Services team.
- Digital Working: delivers work environment to our users, with a global standardization for a Global Bank. Provides and supports Desktop, Messaging & Mobility, Endpoint Mobility Video, and Software Asset Management.
- Production Security: Protect the organization’s digital assets from unauthorized access, use, disruption, modification or destruction. Provides and supports Identity Access Management, Vulnerability Management, Security design, Security engineering and Security operations.
ITO CCCO:ensures the protection of Corporate and Institutional Banking in the Americas (North and South) by overseeing Cyber and Corporate Security, Operational Resilience, IT and Operational Risk and controls. The team includes:
- Information Security: protects the Bank's information from external and internal threats by defining and ensuring implementation of proper IT security framework and controls;
- Corporate Security: ensures the safety of employees, clients, visitors and protects the firm's assets and reputation.
- Business and IT Continuity: Provides oversight and governance of the programs to plan and respond effectively to crisis events and serious business and IT disruptions.
- CIB Americas Chief Resilience Office: Drive the bank transformation to ensure the business services ability to resist, absorb, adapt and recover from an adverse occurrence that may harm, destruct the ability to deliver those services according to the bank risk tolerance.
- Record Management Office: ensure the bank capacity to manage regulatory record and its lifecycle oversight
- Operations Operational Permanent Control: provides strategic direction to maintaining a robust and effective risk and control framework that respects internal guidelines and procedures issued and governed by control functions as well as the external regulatory and supervisory requirements.
CIB IT:Responsible for IT development, business/technical analysis, project, maintenance and support for the large range of applications within the Americas region, covering all CIB business areas such as Global Markets, Global Banking, Transversal IT, Securities Services and ALMT. We work closely with our business partners and users as part of the global team to understand new requirements from clients, exchanges, industry, regulators and other stakeholders, and code against those requirements to enhance our platforms. The team also dedicates a large amount of time and effort to contribute to the overall platform engineering strategy to enhance our resiliency, stability and scalability across businesses and applications. Our services include métier-dedicated technology support and IT platform management for Americas, which strives for excellence and fully aligns with the group’s strategic goals. The collaboration of these IT teams, representing multiple business clusters, forms one CIB IT Americas team with a global vision, strategy and aligned direction. CIB Americas CIO leads the CIB IT teams as follows:
- Global Markets IT: develops, improves, analyzes, maintains and reviews architectural solutions for the wide range of applications across the Global Markets business areas, such as Prime & Financing, Electronic Trading, Financial Services, Clearing and Settlement, Booking, Position Risk & PnL, and Surveillance (including ALMT);
- Global Banking IT: responsible for meeting all IT needs for Trade Finance, Supply Chain Finance, Cash Management, Corporate Loans, Corporate Deposits & Liquidity, Payments and USD Clearing;
- Transversal IT: develops, improves and maintains the applications used across the different functions within Corporate & Institutional Banking (e.g. Risk, Compliance, Legal, HR, Enterprise Data Management, Client Engagement & Protection etc.) and provides transversal IT services;
- Securities Services IT (also known as 2S IT): responsible for IT business/technical analysis and meeting IT platform development needs for Banking Services Operations, Corporate Trust Operations, Market & Financing Services and International Financial Services;
- IT Strategy Management, Project Portfolio & Budget: a transversal team responsible for program management office, reinforcing strategic CIO topics, employee engagement and governance of financials, staffing, sourcing, remediation, recommendations, controls, conduct and project portfolio.
APS:Responsible for the Americas Production Platform to ensure applications and associated services are monitored and incident resolution is managed and resolved to have the least or no disruption to the business. APS teams work closely with Business on a daily basis to provide IT functional and Technical support (Level 1 and Level 2) to the business under a common set of processes and tools. APS teams are responsible for Change management to keep the platform up to date with application related changes, security patching and obsolescence management. The team collaborates closely with Infrastructure, Production Security, Information security and application development teams to enhance the security of our production platform, keep it resilient and secure. The team works closely with Audit, IT risk and IT controls on regulatory, audit topics and to be aligned with the groups strategic goals.
- Application Production Support: Manage and monitor applications in Production, and provide IT Functional and Technical Support (Level 1 and Level 2) to the Business, under a common set of processes, tools and KPI. Ensure Production teams is actively contributing to the Business requests responses.
- IT Service Management: is a set of practices, policies and procedures that help to manage the services delivered to our end users, using the ITIL framework to ensure best practices are implemented within our organization. APS being the first line of defense, responsible for Incident, problem and change management related to applications in production.
- Digital Transformation: Work closely with the Business and with IT on the Digital Transformation trajectory. Contribute actively to the transformation of IT to new digital model & Business IT Digital Plan. Contribute to the definition, promotion and implementation of the strategy IT for the Métier, with consistency between operations and transformation
- Production Platform Stability and Security: Manage integrity, stability, robustness, continuity and security of the platform along with the Infrastructure, Application Development and Production security teams
- IT Transversal Project Portfolio & Budget: a transversal team responsible for program management office, reinforcing strategic CTO topics, employee engagement and governance of financials, staffing, sourcing, remediation, recommendations, controls, conduct and project portfolio.
ITO Q&E:is a very central team within the largest department of the bank: ITO.
This team has a unique mandate, which implies strong coordination between all teams of that department as well as business and functions of the bank. This team works very closely with headquarter based in Paris and other regions where BNP Paribas is implemented.
The mandate of the ITO Quality and Efficiency Team is to streamline and optimize transversal processes, develop solutions for continuous improvements of transversal processes, measure and monitor progress, costs and risks, and engage with the whole ITO and Operation community to ensure that best practices are implemented across the organization.
Placements in the ITO Q&E team could include, but are not limited to:
- Business Manager: responsible for coordination between ITO business managers community and Finance organization, analyze sourcing and staffing needs, oversee the budget process
- Project Office manager: monitor the entire IT and Operation portfolio of project, ensure adherence to BNP Paribas policies and procedures, ensure cost control
- Project manager: assist with or is responsible for transversal initiatives across the organization. Role can span from business analyst to PMO, project or program manager
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2024 – Spring 2025
- All majors accepted
- Strong analytical, synthesis, and communication skills
- Quick learners who are detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic, curious, and innovative
Our IT organization is large, but depending on the IT stream, we may be looking for:
- Computer Engineers: Develop applications using C++, Java, .Net, Python on Linux, SQL, Windows for the execution platforms etc. and have knowledge of programming and OS in combination with the business; who have experiencing coding with these applications and are up to date with the latest technology trend and security requirements;
- Cyber Security Specialists
- Business Analysts: Understand business needs, analyze products and various workflows. Convert them into specifications for developers to code;
- Integration Specialists: Integrate chain of systems across various functions to bring out the desired outcome for executions;
- Quality Analysts: Help to validate the application build by performing various functional and non-functional testing; and
- Transversal champions: work with CIO/Chief of Staff on transversal IT strategic & PMO topics.
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2024 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
Anticipated Program Dates: June 3, 2024 - August 9, 2024
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The annualized base salary for this position in Jersey City, NJ is $95,000.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : IT, Tech et Data
Au-delà d’être un groupe financier, BNP Paribas est aussi une entreprise technologique. Les systèmes d’information, la data et les outils sont au cœur de notre ADN et offrent de nombreuses opportunités professionnelles !En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.