In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 19,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Please note that this is an internship that may require you to defer from university studies for the period of the assignment. Start date is early January 2024.
The Investment Reporting and Performance (IRP) team sits within Asset and Fund Services division of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S). The team’s mission is to provide investment analytics services to internal and external clients of BP2S. The three key services areas are:
- Service delivery of investment performance & risk analytics for internal and external clients
- Client relationship management support for internal and external clients of IRP in Asia
- Technical expertise and product consulting for internal and external clients of IRP in Asia
IRP are a specialised, analytical and client services focused team. To enable them to complete their roles fully, they are required to communicate effectively with
- Relationship Managers
- Client Service Managers
- Securities Administration
- Fund Administration
- Product Managers
- IRP team in Europe
- BNP Paribas Clients
- Investment Managers
- Assets consultants
- Data Suppliers
The primary focus is on BAU Production Management and Oversight;
Coordination and relationship management for IRP queries and non-standard report requests:
- Providing product knowledge support to the wider business and to clients;
- Subject Matter Expert for transitions and projects;
- Staff cross-training and coverage.
- Support the production of investment performance & risk information data for clients in accordance with the industry standards – (GIPS) as well as client service level agreement (SLA) requirements. This includes performance measurement, risk analysis and attribution analysis and report production;
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients to ensure provision of high level of service;
- Work and support clients as a subject matter expert in the field of investment performance and risk;
- Assist Head of Client Service Delivery and Implementations with BAU workflow organization, oversight and delivery;
- Governance over outsourced providers to ensure that they provide their services as expected;
- Prepare service review decks and organize and/or attend client meetings on the IRP services.
- Ongoing development of the IRP platform and participation in Global projects;
- Recommend and implement improvements to service for both clients and BPSS, in terms of efficiencies and new products and services;
- Ensure a robust and automated performance process in a controlled environment;
- Investigate, document, report and resolve issues and recommend corrective action where appropriate.
Risk and compliance and management reporting
- Identify and alert management to risks, deficiencies and opportunities for re-engineering of controls and processes;
- Ensure Compliance of all processes with internal policies and procedures;
- Provide management reports to Global IRP team on regular or ad hoc basis;
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Understanding of financial markets and investment management processes, including middle and back office functions
- Investment analytics exposure in funds management
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Database skills (VBA and SQL)
- Knowledge of the relevant industry standards (GIPS)
- Knowledge of performance attribution analysis, especially calculations, models and application to investment strategies
- Knowledge of statistical risk measures especially calculations, models and application to investment strategies
- Experience in equity, multi-asset attribution, fixed income attribution
- Studying towards qualifications such as CIPM or FRM or Masters (Commerce / Finance)
- Understanding of front office and back office functions
- Understanding of ex ante risk analysis, such as VaR, stress testing
- IT Skills (MS Office, Hiport/Multifonds, Bloomberg, IRP etc.)
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : Commercial et Relation Client
Travailler au sein de la filière Commerciale et Relation Client de BNP Paribas, c’est accompagner ses clientes et clients au quotidien, dans les grands moments de leur vie personnelle ou professionnelle.
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.