BNP Paribas-Americas Compliance is grounded in a deep and abiding commitment to ensure the respect of all banking and financial regulations, including legal and regulatory clauses, professional and ethical standards, Board of Directors guidelines, and instructions issued by the General Management Group. Compliance is equally committed to protecting clients’ interests, market integrity and the Group‘s reputation. Within Compliance, the U.S. Financial Security Department is responsible for maintaining the Anti-Money Laundering program for BNP Paribas and for reporting trends and/or emerging concerns to Senior Management.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2023 – Spring 2024
- All majors accepted; legal focus a plus
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to respect deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A keen intellectual curiosity and sense of drive
Compliance interns could expect to:
- Have the opportunity to learn the foundations of the Compliance function, build business judgement decision-making skills and a robust set of other soft skills
- Assist in revising policies and procedures to assess compliance with legal, regulatory and BNP Paribas policies through the coordination of multiple stakeholders
- Assist in designing and developing training materials and communications on Compliance subject areas
- Research laws, rules and regulations to become familiar with regulatory requirements and expectations
- Assist in various projects with the team
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2023 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
Anticipated Program Dates: June 5, 2023 - August 11, 2023
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The annualized base salary for this position in Jersey City, NJ is $75,000.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.