Standard / Permanent
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Design, implement, and support Career Management & development initiatives for all employees
APAC Talent Programme:
Support the HR Business Partners and Business in identifying and developing and retaining a high potential talent pool aligned to our present and future business strategy for the region.
Diversity & Inclusion (contributing responsibility)
Support APAC wide initiatives linked to the Diversity & Inclusion strategy of the Bank.
Graduate Programme Management (contributing responsibility)
Collaborate with the team to manage the 2 year graduate programme milestones
Define & launch Career Management practices, policy and process. Co-ordinate transversal career management initiatives;
- Develop, improve and implement a Career Management Framework for Asia Pacific, including “Accompanied Offer” (Targeted Employees), and “Baseline Offer” (All Employees)
- Work closely with Regional HR Business Partners, Country HR teams, Home Country HR Teams (for Expatriates) to foster consistent and coordinated approach to Career Management
- Lead implementation of initiatives relating to Career Management & building a mobility mind-set vis-a-vis employees and managers
- Support the co-ordination of processes and committees to create a dynamic mobility culture, e.g. HR Mobility Committees etc.
- Promote the use of the Internal Mobility platform (Internal Jobs Board) within HR as well as employees
Co-ordinate implementation of Succession Planning;
- Coordinate and support an integrated timeline and project plan for Succession Plans (in line with global direction)
- Ensure all HR stakeholders are fully briefed and understand initiative
- Co-ordinate analysis of outputs and follow up activity
Develop career management- related People Management Policies;
- Responsible for the preparation and periodic review of APAC policies, e.g. Mobility Policy, Career Management framework
- Create supporting tools, e.g. self-assessment tools etc.
- Maintain databases linked to career management and produce periodic reports / KPIs.
Leadership Development (APAC Talent Programme);
- Support & coordinate the identification exercise for APAC Talent Programme & Leaders for Tomorrow across the Region
- Support design and implementation of different development programs for target groups of employees and talents.
- Regularly assess the impact of development programs
- Promote & market development initiatives for targeted groups of employees across the organization
- Lead strategic organization wide projects focused on the development of high potentials and young leaders
- Contribute towards the successful implementation of the Graduate development milestones
- Support the roll-out of strategic Diversity & Inclusion initiatives at a regional level
- Align activities with Recruitment team to define integrated approach (and process), e.g. internal mobility
- Contribute to Learning & Development offer and align Career Management Framework
- Provide enabling process and initiative support to Regional Business Partners/ Country HR/ Talent Management
Contribute to the Operational Permanent Control Framework and reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies required:
Results Oriented/ Client Focus
Relationship Management skills
Well Organized/ Methodical/ Project Management Skills
Ability to work well in a team
Strong Attention to detail
Influencing and negotiation skills
Experience and Qualifications require:
Strong HR Professional with at least 10 years in an L&D, OD, or Business Partnering role
Previous exposure to transformational HR projects
Understanding of HR processes and procedures, with depth of knowledge of Career Management Practices
Undergraduate degree (minimum) preferred
Experience using relevant HR systems advantageous (PeopleSoft, Taleo, My Development)
Advanced Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word