About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas has operations in 75 countries and boasts more than 185,000 employees, including approximately 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutional, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The FX Prime Brokerage system is a proprietary platform supporting FX and precious metals activities for users from the Front and Middle Office teams located in the NY, London and Singapore Offices. The role therefore involves close contact with Front Office teams and applicants must be capable of remaining calm and dealing with a dynamic high pressure environment.
General Architecture: Mostly 2 tier with a TIBCO Pub/Sub layer, Oracle DB on back end, Real-Time Unix calculators in C++ and Java (Pseudo middle tier). In addition to this, we also have a client facing FX trading and reporting system, developed in Silverlight 5.0 and C# .Net
- The main duty of the developers is to design and develop new pieces of software or to enhance existing software to provide new functionality. For major projects the development will be driven by specs provided by the senior members with in the team but for smaller changes the developer works as an analyst/programmer, both defining and delivering the required changes. You will also be expected to help with production support efforts when relevant.
- Participation in the development and integration of a real-time proprietary FX commodity trading system (the Infinity System) and our client facing Web portal (DataDirect system)
- Presenting a comprehensive commitment to quality, with timely & functional deliveries
- Presenting proactive and positive attitude
- Embodying team spirit and collaboration across teams
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Taking a broad view of ownership and accountability
- Analyze, design, and develop software applications using .NET, RDBMS Technologies in multiplatform environment
- Full software development lifecycle; inclusive of design, programming, integration testing, UAT and deployment
- Understanding the end user requirements and translate these into optimal enhancement requests
- Utilize PL/SQL, XML to fine tune applications
- Improving existing software by correcting bugs
- Learning intricacies of bank’s fixed income workflows & infrastructure
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant compliance and regulatory policies
- Stability and robustness of FI IT platforms under their remit
- Generating regression test cases for major releases
- Ensuring that all development is completed in line with the Company's technical architecture and IT security standards
- Managing release process by raising appropriate requests and coordinating w/ CM and APS Teams
- Delivering prioritized projects within agreed timeframe and budget
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experience working in FX Prime Brokerage domain
- 5 + years of experience:
- Working with Oracle database environment.
- 2 + years of experience in real-time messaging technologies (RV, MQ).
- Must have experience in class libraries design and general application architecture
- Visual Studio
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive team player with a “can-do” attitude;
- Excellent analytical problem solver;
- Attention to detail and thoroughness a must.
- Microsoft certification in WPF, ASP.Net, WCF a plus
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.