Vice President – APS ES EQD Trading Support
Standard / Permanent
The team is responsible for supporting globally the EQD platform, in-house pricing application, algorithmic trading components, STP, for the Equities Derivative business.
The key focus is to provide BAU production support issues/user enquiries and align processes and procedures with the global support teams. To ensure current service agreements are met and requirements are successfully implemented. Establish a high level of quality for the production systems supporting the EQD businesses.
Day-to-day Responsibilities as support resource:
- The role is to provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to the Global Markets EQD Trading desks
- The role will require the management of all aspects of the Global EQD systems for Global Markets Electronic Markets IT, working closely with all the support and development teams across the regions to continue to build a market leading support organization for GM IT.
- The team is responsible for monitoring the system availability, proactively preventing system problems, and responding to system incidents when they occur. They are also responsible for problem analysis, managing system change and ensuring minimal impact to the end users.
- Ensure root cause analysis is undertaken for all incidents.
- Communicating the status of the system. Providing ETAs for solutions when necessary.
- Improving the monitoring and support systems by doing scripts to automate the support and writing specification for monitoring and support team that will be transferred to the development.
- Regularly review and improve the checks done by the team (morning, checks, evening checks …)
- Coordinate the package build of third part application, and test it.
- Review the releases which are planned and perform the post release checks.
- Participate to the UAT phase of the major delivery.
- Write and maintain documentation.
- Work closely with the trading desk to understand requirements and either implement tactical solution or coordinate with business mgmt. + dev where appropriate.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Information Systems
- IT Technical Support understanding Functional aspects of eTrading for EQD.
- Must be a high caliber graduate with ability to solve complex problems under pressure.
- Experience in eTrading Application Support, with business knowledge of EQD.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have driven, enthusiasm and be committed to work. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to use own initiative. They also need to be a strong team player. The ability to deliver results quickly and under pressure is essential.
- Must be able to multi-task and to be able to prioritize work. Good time management and co-ordination skills are essential.
- Windows and UNIX (and GUI) application support, use of SQL for data gathering and reporting
- Strong problem ownership skills and attitude
- Strong Shell scripting and Perl/Python and process automation
- Experience in ECN’s, Smart Order Routers, networking, market data, and application configuration.