Standard / Permanent
Main Objectives & Purpose :
Carry out the trustee and fiduciary functions of BNP Paribas Trust Services Singapore Limited from an operational perspective.
Customer/Supplier Relations :
Internal teams such as transfer agency, fund administration, financial reporting, custody and business compliance as well as BNP colleagues in Cayman and Sydney.
Investment managers, fund counterparties as well as external service providers
Key Results Areas :
- Responsible for carrying out all trustee related operational matters including but not limited to the below and supporting other locations on the certain aspects of the same:
- opening/operation of trust/fund accounts in accordance with trustee obligations and applicable regulations and guidelines;
- investment compliance monitoring to ensure investment manager’s adherence with investment restrictions and guidelines as imposed by regulatory requirements, operating policies, and constitutive documents (activities include maintenance/completion of checklists and control plans, investigating and reporting of investment breaches, liaising with Sydney office on the Eurosycomore system, etc.);
- ensuring that all relevant trust/fiduciary documents are properly maintained; and
- liaising with investment managers and relevant internal and external parties on the above matters and all other relevant queries.
- To assist in any additional products that may subsequently be offered by BNP Paribas Trust Services Singapore Limited.
- To assist in the event of changes in the regulatory framework relevant to trust and fiduciary activities in Singapore including but not limited to the maintenance and update of internal checklists and control documentation to take into account amendments to such a framework.
- To assist in ensuring that the procedures and operational processes relating to BPTSS’ trustee and fiduciary obligations are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Investigate, document, report and resolve issues relating to scope and recommend corrective action where appropriate.
- Contribute and participate as a member of the team to BPTSS’s business and management objectives, including new client on-boarding and migration activities.
- Identify and alert, as and when appropriate, to management the problems, risks, deficiencies and opportunities for re-engineering of controls and processes.
- To contribute in ensuring BNP Paribas Trust Services Singapore Limited’s adherence with all relevant laws and regulations.
- To participate in the development of trustee and related processes and procedures within the company.
- To perform any other role or tasks as requested including but not limited to participating in any ad-hoc projects initiated by management.
Job Holder Requirements (To be filled by Manager) :
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills :
v Basic knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework applicable to trustees approved under Section 289 of the Securities and Futures Act and holders of a trust business licence under the Trust Companies Act in Singapore
v Basic knowledge and understanding of the role of a trustee
v Proficiency in Word, Excel and Bloomberg
v Good understanding of the various forms of investment instruments (eg. fixed-income, equities, etc.) including basic knowledge of financial derivatives
Qualifications and Experience :
v Preferably at least 2 years of experience in the fund industry
v Preferably a business / finance related degree
Other Value-added Competencies :
v Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
v Good analytical skills
v Attention to detail and accuracy
v Shows initiative and self-motivated
v Willingness to learn and participate in further training