Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
LEGAL AND TAX
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Contribute to the monitoring, under the supervision of the Senior Tax Manager, of BNPP entities’ transfer pricing / tax risks in APAC
Transfer Pricing (“TP”)
- Review and coordinate execution of intra-group TP agreements;
- Review intra-group service level agreements from a Hong Kong Tax perspective;
- Assist with TP related questions in tax audit / query letter;
- Prepare quarterly report and analysis on intra-group TP allocations;
- Respond to queries raised by business lines & local sites on TP allocations or other TP related topics;
- Assist with TP analysis of regional new product / transaction sign-off.
- Provide updates on changes in TP requirements to APAC local sites;
- Conduct ad hoc TP projects;
- Prepare TP reports to Group Tax Department;
- Assist with other TP related matters.
International Financial Services (“IFS”, Asset Management, Insurance, Wealth Management, Real Estate, International Retail Banking and Personal Finance)
- Review corporate tax returns and indirect tax returns of IFS entities
- Assist with tax advisory to IFS business lines
- Assist with handling tax authorities enquiries and audits of IFS entities
- Assist with ad hoc enquiries from IFS business lines and FATCA/AEOI matters
- Review compliance of internal policies for IFS business activities
- Monitor changes in tax laws and assess impacts on IFS business lines
- Manage relationships with the tax authorities;
- supervise work outsourced to tax consultants;
- work closely with internal Transfer Pricing team, Group Tax Department and Business Lines on transfer pricing, FATCA/AEOI and other tax issues and liaise with other support functions as required
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential
- Candidate must be bright and is likely or near to be qualified as a chartered accountant.
- A confident taxation professional with the credibility to deal with other support functions and front office staff. The incumbent therefore must possess first class interpersonal, relationship management and cross-cultural skills.
Experience and Qualifications required
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, the majority of which, preferably, will be in a taxation role with a leading investment bank, or in an international chartered accounting, legal or consultancy firm.
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Tax Manager.