Standard / Permanent
Database Developer (Software Engineer) - for ODIN team
Team: BNP Paribas CIB / GM IT / Regulatory IT/ ODIN
ü The team is in charge of the maintenance and the development of new features on 3 reporting applications. These applications are designed to provide KPI and reports for back-office and valuation and risk control teams.
ü The scope of managed data is:
o All functional data managed by MO/BO teams : trades / flows / positions / breaks / confirmation …
o Test case and sign-off of MO/BO procedures to follow operational risk
o Limits and mandates of trading desks
ü Technologies involved are Oracle PL/SQL, MS BI 2008 R2/2012 (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS), Business Objects XI 3.1, Java, Transact SQL, Flash, Angular JS,C#.Net.
Participate to the definition / review of the applications architecture
Estimate the workload based on functional specifications
Ensure the quality and performances of the developments
Define and execute unitary tests
Suggest technical solutions and enhancements
Provide level 3 support
Utilize understanding of design principles in creating custom software solutions or modifying packages solutions.
Independently work in application development / support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
Analyze and document different approaches to solving technical problems.
Demonstrate Good understanding of the Functional aspects of the application.
Prepare high quality test plans and conduct the tests at Unit and Functional level.
Conduct Integration tests as required.
Conduct Regressions tests as required.
Reporting progress to the Team Lead / Project Manager.
Escalation of problems to local Team Lead / Management.
Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life-cycle and day to day development work.
Maintain administration tasks; i.e. Jira to record progress against tasks, Wiki/Confluence for documentation and CLARITY for booking in time, support rotas etc.
Meeting deadlines deliverables. Keeping Team Lead / Project Manager appraised of issues that affect the project and the deliverables of the project.
Mandatory Technical expertise required:
- Oracle (+++) / T-SQL (+++) (preferably) - including optimization of stored procedures, queries
- SQL PLUS (+++)/ PL SQL (+++)
- Exposure to any ETL Tool (++)
Nice to have Technical skills:
- MS BI 2008 R2/2012
- SSIS (++)
- SSRS (++) including MDX (+)
- SSAS 2008R2/2012 (+) including MDX (+) and optimization of cube process performance
- Business Objects XI 3.1 (+)
- Web Intelligence Report development
- Universe designer
- Shell (++)
- Subversion (+)
- Angular JS
- Good Communication skills
- Quality-focused with a good eye for detail
- Capacity to work in a high-pressure environment
- Curiosity and analysis skills
- Must be able to work closely with distributed team, users and business analysts
- Willing to share knowledge and skills with other developers within the team
- Whilst able to work independently, should be a true team player.
Work experience (in years):3- 5 years
B.E / B. tech,MCA or equivalent
Preferred Certifications / Affiliations: