The opportunity is for the position of a Senior Project Manager to work within the London Project Management team, located in the head office near to St Pauls in the City of London.
The Project Management team forms part of the wider Building Consultancy department which provides a range of professional and project services to Occupier and Investor clients, as well as internal teams.
The candidate will predominantly undertake commercial Cat B fit-out projects for our corporate clients in and around London, however there will be an opportunity to become involved in refurbishment projects over a wider geographical area.
The role will suit a Project Manager / Senior PM who is currently working in the commercial office market, has a strong understanding of workplace and design, and wishes to develop their career in project delivery.
The successful candidate can expect to be involved with projects from inception through to completion; they will need a strong eye for detail and a technical design background is preferred. They will possess a good appreciation of the commercial workplace and see this role as an opportunity to quickly progress their career to the next level.
Reporting to an Associate Director, from day one there will be a high level of client contact and the opportunity to build strong networks both within BNPPRE and the London office fit-out market. The role requires the candidate to be self-motivated and responsible for managing their own workload on a day-to-day basis and to be able to work within multi-disciplinary teams delivering integrated services to clients.
Roles and responsibilities
The Project Management team undertake a broad range of projects, and we are looking for someone who wants to develop their career through having a hands-on involvement in project delivery.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking and being responsible for instructions and client briefings, and delivering projects from inception through to completion, reporting to an Associate Director;
- Working as an integral part of the London team for the delivery of instructions, primarily Cat B fit-out and migration projects;
- Delivering projects following the RIBA plan of work, managing the end of stage reporting and sign-off;
- Support the preparation and delivery of workplace studies, providing technical and professional advice to our clients;
- Critiquing designs produced by third party consultants;
- Managing and coordinating the activities of third party specialists;
- Assisting in the preparation of feasibility studies and option appraisals
- Preparing and managing programmes of work;
- Leading client, design team and contractor meetings, managing actions which arise;
- Leading and reporting on project risk;
- Undertaking regular site inspections and issuing regular progress reports to advise of site activities, progress against programme and advise of any areas of concern;
- Manage the delivery of variations from instruction through to completion and sign off;
- Preparing client reports, reflecting different stages of the project;
- Project management and Contract administration duties including managing project change, valuation and practical completion.
As well as the technical requirements, the candidate will become involved with business development activities from day-one. The candidate will be expected to support, and in time manage, client relationships, often at a senior level, and to work within the department to identify, build and maintain new business opportunities.
The candidate will be required to:
- Work within clearly defined, well established processes
- Proactively solve problems and find solutions, consulting with more experienced colleagues on more difficult or unfamiliar situations;
- Be structured, organised and diligent;
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines;
- Work to and comply with BNPPRE’s quality management processes and procedures.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Workplace and office fit out design
- Sustainability / Wellbeing
- Microsoft Project skills
- Microsoft Office suite skills
The candidate should possess strong inter-personal skills, be sociable and be prepared to proactively work within a busy, friendly and highly professional team. They will be required to support and work with colleagues at all levels, possess strong IT, time management and communication skills, be accurate in their work and have an eye for detail.
- Degree in a construction related discipline - Building surveying/quantity surveying/project management/architecture/engineering.
- Ideally MRICS or similar
- Ideally APMP
The candidate should possess a full, clean driving licence.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index