Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
The Senior Client Referential Officer will assist duties within Client Management Referential team on activities pertaining to authorized signatures maintenance, client and account maintenance inclusive of data analysis and continuous review and improvement on existing processes with a high awareness of risk.
Client Referential Team engages with all level of management in ensuring client referential data integrity without compromising on controls across different business lines and products.
The role of the Senior Client Referential Officer is to ensure:
• the referential systems/ static data are kept up-to-date and in timely manner
• procedures exist and are followed and continuously maintained to ensure data are recorded in systems in adhering to the instructions from clients/internal departments.
• adequate controls over input, transfers between systems, frequency of updates, etc. are in place to ensure the data integrity and quality by all members in the team
• all members in the team are aware of changes in the standard operating procedures
• remediation plans to clean up existing data recorded in applications are defined and carried out
• the global/ regional and local projects for referential perimeter are carried in accordance with the agreed timetable involving all required stakeholders , with a specific focus in ensuring those projects do not compromise with the team’s mandate and controls
• assist the team’s manager in executing ad-hoc controls, process improvement, and small initiatives
• produce KPI reports on the team’s activities, and follow-up with relevant counterparts to improve on areas where the KPI reports reveal inefficiencies
• Provide administrative support on client and account maintenance, strictly adhering to internal policies and guidelines
• Ensure alignment with the bank’s KYC records when administering the client and account records
• Perform regular reconciliations on the client accounts records against the group’s risk and KYC records
• Remediate reconciliation breaks in close co-ordination with multiple internal teams
• Raise and track incidents until remediation and closure
• Work closely with internal departments to facilitate client and account data processing and monitoring
• Handle clients’ enquiries with responsive action
• Ensure identified risk areas are remediated swiftly with proper update of internal procedures and controls to remediate those risks
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Degree holder or equivalent
• Sound knowledge in AML/KYC/Due Diligence
• 5+ years of experience in managing a production environment
• Prior exposure to the financial services industry highly preferred, especially on the corporate banking business
• Excellent computer skills on Microsoft excel, word, powerpoint, one note and share point
• Excellent communication skills in English. Cantonese is a plus.
• Not afraid to go the extra mile to achieve goals
• A good team player with pro-active working attitude
• Analytical and detailed oriented
• Ability to manage the expectations and timeline of internal clients
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
• Structure and organized in day-to-day work