Senior Business analyst - IMR - Data Governance
Standard / Permanent
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple requests in HP tool, reconcile conflicts and enhance the level of information to create a clear understanding.
- Coordinate with local Data Quality team in understanding the quality issues identified by them; create root cause analysis (RCA) report by executing SQL queries in Oracle.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Data Stewards and other DG team members) in each line of business to assist in the appropriate identification of issues, root cause evaluation, setting up priority and resolution of gaps in the control environment.
- Continuous coordination with teams located in US & Europe to get updated reference data feeds, perform reconciliations, identifies breaks and escalates to business.
- Able to summarize critical issues in commentary format along with charts, bar or pie diagrams and able to generate status report for senior and executive management group.
- Define & implement standard reporting process, process enhancement, creating SOP’s and matrix to support the sustained execution of the issues management program, including linkage to other key programs within Data Governance such as data quality, reconciliation, data lineage and documentation review process.
- Define and implement standard tools and training processes for proper backup in team.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Flexibility to lead or participate in other data governance initiatives or programs.
- Effective communication across multiple teams including development team (IT) and other stakeholders. Ability to translate business requirements and work with development teams throughout resolution, implementation and delivery.
- Act as the first line of contact to interface with Data Governance business users.
- Help to support and maintain existing HP (IMR) application.
- Able to negotiate competing requirements to reach consensus during meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree - in management, finance, economics, related field or equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge of financial industry, general ledger concepts, and prior exposure in reference data management.
- Able to write moderate to complex SQL queries in Oracle independently.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel is a must; able to create advance VBA macros + MS access would be an added advantage.
- Able to understand Regulatory initiatives like – Basel II, Basel III, Dodd Frank and CCAR.
- Based on work requirements, flexible to work extended hours i.e. beyond 9 pm IST.
- A self-starter who can take the process a level ahead and have the ability to think out of the box, suggest changes and challenge status quo.
- Ask questions and understand the larger picture for the tasks assigned.
- Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Good in both oral and written communication skills. Should be able to convey the message in both forms, in meetings and business development discussions.
- Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and creatively address various topics on-hand
- Ability to work independently and become an effective team member
- Prior experience in similar profile or business analysis, strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills would be an added advantage.