Associate Level 1- Hedge Fund Services
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Securities Services
Securities Services Chennai Hub
Roles and responsibilities
- Independent delivery of accurate and timely NAVs for hedge funds – with high volume or / and complexity (having equities, bonds, future, options, etc. as holdings) by completing all of the following processes:
o Cash and position reconciliation (accounting vs PB and 3 way); with resolution of breaks
o Income reconciliation (dividends and interest)
o Manual Pricing and Pricing review
o P&L review and Tolerance checks
o Fees accrual, management and performance fee calculation and booking
o Capital bookings and reconciliation with Investor services system reports
o TB tie out and compiling NAV pack
- Could be required to review simpler hedge fund NAVs
- Delivery on audit requests and resolution of all queries on the same
- Participation in system development projects, process change projects, etc.
- Ensure appropriate checks and balances are followed and documentation is maintained to ensure no internal quality or internal compliance, internal audit or ISAE findings
- Compliance with all internal organizational and business policies
- Troubleshoot issues of other team members and mentor / coach / buddy them
Number of staff supervised: None
Educational qualifications: Graduation/Post Graduation with specialization in Finance / NCFM Certified .
Total years of experience: 2-3years
Relevant years of experience: 2+ years
Knowledge and skills required
· Strong hedge fund accounting or hedge fund reconciliation experience (understanding of process and business required).
· Should have deep working knowledge of asset classes like equities, bonds, futures, options and swaps i.e. how they operate in real world.
· Experience on Advent Geneva system would be preferred – an added advantage.
· Decent experience on Microsoft Excel – Pivots, financial functions, etc.
· Should be able to do multi-tasking and deliver under pressure
Job specific competencies