BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com), is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the strongest banks in the world (Rated AA by Standard & Poor's i.e. 3rd rating on a scale of 22).Headquartered in France, BNP Paribas has one of the largest international networks with operations in more than 80 countries and 200,000 employees. Its three core businesses are:
- Corporate and Investment Banking
- Retail Banking
- Investment Solutions
BNP Paribas India Solutions Pvt Ltd.
BNP Paribas India Solutions Private Limited (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group, one of the largest banking groups in the world. BNPPISPL provides IT, IT Enabled Services to the predominantly international Corporate and Investment Banking business of BNP Paribas Group. Corporate and Investment banking is one of the key business lines of BNP Paribas Group. BNPPISPL was created in 2005.
In 2010, BNP Paribas India (bank) celebrated its 150th anniversary in India.
BNPPISL is looking for experienced professionals in the core finance domain in the areas of management accounting, financial reporting and accounting controls. This group will service multiple BNP Paribas CIB locations worldwide.
Senior Associate – Performance Management Expenses
Finance Shared Services
General or Regional, as maybe required
Job Purpose :
The Jobholder is responsible for the timely and accurate production of the monthly expenses accounting and management reporting
Key Responsibilities :
· Prepare and book monthly closing entries in accounting sub-ledger for accruals, prepayments, intercompany, various reclass adjustments, etc., as necessary.
· Perform month-end intercompany allocation calculation to facilitate the regional group charges and other billing and explain reasons for variances compared to previous months
· Perform reconciliation between Financial Accounting ledger and sub-ledger accruals, prepayments, receivables, etc, to substantiate balances and breaks solving, if any
· Participate in the intercompany process :
- Reconciliation of intercompany receivables / payables and their settlement by legal entity
- Coordination with other region's Finance Expense teams and Tax team to ensure they are performing their respective intercompany closes
- Coordination with Tax teams to participate in the annual SLA updation process with counterparties
· Provide assistance in responding to questions / requests for information to auditors, regulators
· Escalating problems / issues to the team manager on a timely basis and participating in resolution
· Support the production of the annual expense budget and periodic forecasts from a transversal perspective within PM
· Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
· Contribute to BNPP operational permanent control framework
· Provide cross-training to colleagues and perform specific duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for colleagues)
· Participate in projects and upgrades of systems at the request of the team manager; e.g:User acceptance testing, Trouble-shooting after deployment
Candidate Requirements for the role
# yrs experience
Min. 3 years relevant experience in Accounting and Management Reporting
Technical knowledge & Skills:
· Advanced Excel skills (no macro development required) – essential
· Preferred knowledge of SAP and Smartview/Essbase
Preferred Industry/domain experience :
Preferably within a global banking/financial services company – in cost accounting/reporting
· Solutions-oriented thinker who is able to generate creative ideas
· Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment