IT Risk Specialist - Global Markets Information Security & IT Risk
Standard / Permanent
- Supporting the development of the IT Risk (IT Security Risk, Jurisdiction, Information Security Risk, HR Risk, …) framework, products and services;
- Taking ownership of delivery of key reports;
- Enhancing specific aspects of the IT risk framework as required; and
- Providing advice and guidance to the Technology stakeholders on risk and control matters
- Identifying key risk trends, issues and other insights requiring further investigation and following up with Technology as appropriate.
- Providing support and challenge on aspects such as the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and formulation of controls;
Providing independent expert advice to the IT areas on operational risk issues
- Engaging with Firm wide risk and control groups, including internal audit and territory control
- Working with Technology stakeholders (including Production Support and Development teams) to identify the top technology IT risks impacting the firm and formulating appropriate remediation strategies based on full understanding of business exposure and compensating controls.
- Chairing monthly RCSA meetings with IT control stakeholders, communicating results, escalating issues and following up on actions.
- Executing IT risk assessment reviews, identifying controls gaps and working in collaboration with subject matter experts to devise appropriate mitigation plans.
- Participating in the IT Risk Committee attended by senior IT directors and business representatives. Preparing packs and presenting pertinent information to stakeholders.
- Monitoring and oversight of existing IT risks, working collaboratively with stakeholders in ensuring plans are managed within timescales and escalating where appropriate.
- Managing relationships with Business and IT teams, chairing periodic meetings and being a point of contact for escalating to wider team members.
- Contribute relevant information technology risk information as required by group reporting.
- Assistance with drafting of risk acceptance statements and co-ordinating sign-off from business and IT stakeholders.
- Review of gains, losses, near misses and opportunity costs where IT is root cause. Ensuring information documented is of sufficient standard and includes relevant action plans before submission and approval in group operational risk system.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in technology risk management or associated control function (e.g. Op Risk/audit/SOX/technology risk management) preferably in financial services institutions.
- Understanding of the role of IT Risk in a Global Markets business. This should include good understanding of the Fixed Income and GECD trade life cycle.
- Understanding and/or qualification in IT Risk and Governance frameworks and standards (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, ISO etc.).
- Ability to draft high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate, and tailored to the audience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as the role involves a high amount of interaction with senior management across multiple divisions, including Business, Technology and other control departments
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint).
- Self-starter with ability to manage workload and tasks independently.
- Industry Certification such as CISA, CISM and CRISC
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance e.g. SOX, BASEL3
- Knowledge of Process & Quality management