Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 95 markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of November 2018 BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 countries with more than 198,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
We are looking to hire a Project SME within the Investment Reporting and Performance function, tasked with working on internal and client funded change projects and new business implementations. The role is necessarily diverse, requiring practical experience of project management, business analysis within client reporting and performance functions, and ideally knowledge of the systems and tools used by the department. You will be required to manage internal projects and new client on-boarding as well as analyse new project requirements, produce project plans, create functional specification documents, provide technical information to support the solution, undertake testing, plan implementation and roll out events. The role also requires coordination and communication both with the end client and internally, including with our Business Change Team in Paris, Business Implementation Team in Paris and IT and Technical support team based in London, Paris, Chennai and Lisbon. As you will be required to manage business critical implementations with client facing duties and change events, the role is suited to an experienced profile.
- Take leadership and ownership of implementation projects relating to investment performance and reporting and change events
- Project manage implementations and change events ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction
- Plan and organise workload, taking into account relative and conflicting priorities, seeking win/win solutions where possible and mitigating negative impacts where not.
- Demonstrate product awareness ensuring the all requested changes are defined and implemented in a manner consistent with our product vision, meaning that they are efficient, optimised and commercially viable.
- Understand all areas of the Investment Reporting & Performance function and systems, and where appropriate develop specialist expertise on allocated subjects
- Produce project related documentation such as; project plans, RAID logs, meeting papers, minutes, business requirements, specifications, proposals, and test plans
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and techniques
- Provide technical information to support accounting, performance, reporting solutions
- Provide workflow and process analysis relating to IRP and client interactions
- Produce estimates, cost v benefits analysis and business cases for new development proposals
- Provide clear, timely and accurate communication of the status of their project work.
- Administer all project documentation in an efficient and effective manner.
- Work with Performance analysts to make improvements to current production processes
Client Focused Duties:
- Provide clear and accurate information about the project deliverables and timeframes.
- Ensure clients are informed about the project status on an appropriate reporting frequency.
- Involve clients in relevant key decision making points throughout development life cycle.
- Undertake project work to integrate new clients or extend services to existing clients.
- Demonstrate a professional and empathetic understanding of the needs of clients.
- Assist with the design and implement innovative solutions that meet the requirements of clients.
- Deliver solutions that are aligned to department and client objectives
- Manage priorities in accordance with the direction of the IRP management and objectives.
- Help develop market leading services and products aligned to the strategic objectives of IRP and BPSS.
- A strong history of project experience, successfully participating in implementation projects
- Thorough understanding of project management disciplines, expected to have been gained through practical experience resulting in a successful track record.
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to drive and champion change
- A background and proven track record working within a performance analysis and/or client reporting function delivering a regular monthly production cycle
- Project management skills developed through practical experience
- Business analysis skills developed through practical experience
- Practical understanding of core performance methodologies & attribution methodologies
- Practical understanding of ex-post risk statistics calculation (e.g. tracking errors, sharpe ratios, alpha, beta, volatility), and presentation of portfolio analytics and breakdowns for client reporting purposes (e.g. credit ratings, maturity breakdowns)
- Practical understanding of SII reporting
- Practical understanding of multiple instrument types, including derivatives such as swaps, futures, and options, and a decent understanding of accounting operational processes
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- Competence using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Practical experience of BISAM One performance system
- BA or BSc degree or equivalent
- IMC or equivalent
- Prince Project Management
- MA or MSc degree or equivalent
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 8.5%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.