Standard / Permanent
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• To contribute to BNP Paribas IT transformation through accompaniment of business applications toward virtualization (VMs, internal cloud, external cloud).
• To ensure information systems technical design is aligned with the BNPP CIB enterprise architecture and business line / APAC organizational objectives.
• To Coordinate with Modern platform team in APAC and Globally, to identify solutions, define priorities, share requirements and align roadmaps
This overall objective will be met through the following activities / responsibilities:
1. Translate requirements and constraints into information systems components
2. Collaborate with others regions / teams to identify synergies and re-use opportunities, share best practices and to adhere to IT Norm and Standards
3. Perform IT technology and market trends watch
4. Partner with IT infrastructure and production to define, handle and optimize the use of IT infrastructure assets
5. Support applications/development teams in the choice of the adequate technology framework and in the roll-out of coding standards
a) Lead technical architecture preparation for new platforms
b) Assess the current technical architecture and define architecture adaptation roadmap
6. Ensure end-to-end technical consistency of the IT solutions
7. Document and maintain available IT solutions patterns and components
8. Maintain the application, technical and IT infrastructure assets referential
9. Maintain and adapt the application life cycle processes to fully integrate the architecture good practices and the CIB OPC framework
a) Define coding norm and standards by technology
b) Embed IT security in the development discipline
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Effective communication skills; verbal, non-verbal and written; and ability to communicate with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
• Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
• Results oriented with ability to produce products that deliver organizational benefit
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
• Ability to develop solution architecture designs
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
• Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc.
• Extensive knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMWare, Open Stack), good knowledge of cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.) demonstrated by pas experiences of virtualization, re-platforming, re-architecture of applications)
• Ideally formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF) or formal qualifications in technology.