Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
The Equities Derivatives (EQD) Flow, Delta One & Synthetic Prime Brokerage (SPB) Trade Support team provides essential operational risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. The bank has a substantial Equities and Delta one trading presence in London, New York, and Asia.
The position is as an EQD Flow, Delta One & SPB Trade Support Analyst. The selected candidate will report to the Team Supervisor. The team supports the execution of Equities/Swap based OTC instruments transacted by the Trading and Sales businesses with additional focus on risk management, reporting, client service, and strategic initiatives driven by technology, regulatory/industry requirements, and new business/products.
The role will encompass the tasks of ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of products. Generally, the products supported are complex instruments that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. The individual will be responsible of monitoring and proactively resolving trade breaks on Trade Date, performing PV checks to ensure all economic details are in line, ensure all positions and P&L match between deal capture systems and settlement systems, resolve all issues raised by Front Office and Back Office, and address any ad-hoc requests. The Individual will join a “split team” organization with team members located in both Montreal and NewYork City, under a functional management located in New York.
• Work with Front Office, P&L, Back Office, Third party vendors, and Application Support to resolve operational and booking issues
• Monitoring of operational risk by providing proper Front Office Support and ensuring the risk of fraud is set to a minimum
• Ensure accurate trading positions in FO system, the daily goal is to correct all discrepancies originated by system bugs, input mistakes, information loss
• Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force
• Assist with project initiatives designed to improve and streamline existing processes
• Mitigate risk by reconciling discrepancies between the trading desk’s positions and the firm’s books and records
• Participate / assist in event processing and have a full understanding of the life cycle of a trade
• Collaborate with technology teams on the implementation of process flow improvements and efficiencies
• Contribute to quick resolution of trade issues by liaising with various groups including Front Office, Back Office, IT Team, P&L Controllers and Client Services
• Liaise with other Operation functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach
• Promote an efficient dialog/discussion with our internal and external partners
• Adhere to deadlines and objectives
• Where appropriate, ability to maintain and explain own position using logic in the light of differing views.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Strong qualification level in equity derivative markets. Financial market knowledge of derivatives products including TRS, ETFs, Equity Swaps, Variance products etc.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Strong Excel/PC skills with proven ability to work with multiple systems
• Previous experience (1 yr+) in a Derivative Middle office environment or prior experience in working with Trading/ Sales in a financial institution.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Attention to detail and accuracy is imperative
• Strong academic background required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in a “split team” organization
• The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong desire to learn the processes and products
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
• Flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment
• Strong sense of risk and critical thinking
• Rigorous and very organized
• Maintains high quality of customer service
• Ability to effectively listen and communicate
• Display good relationship qualities, team spirit, and ability to work across teams
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.