Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- Booking and monitoring the operations (including but not limited to OTC, Listed cash, listed derivatives) done by the hedge funds
- Follow the static data (clients data and markets data)
- Reconciliations of the operations (with the client, Arbitrage, Fixed Income or finance)
- Daily or frequent contacts with the Relationship manager in HK, London, NY or with the clients’ fund administrator or clients’ operation as well as the other PB dept (Trading, sales, risk analytics, IT).
- Investigate and answer day to day client’s request.
- Booking (when it is not STP) of all operations instructed by the client and follow up of the trades (reconciliation, CoA, secondary event, etc..).
- Settle all listed cash trades on settlement date by performing pre matching ( avoid failed trades and buy in)
- Perform daily Reconciliation and explain the breaks
- Install a good efficient communication/dialogue with client and other RM, sales, ops, & IT:
- Ensure all clients query are handled correctly by the right department in a timely manner
- Follow up of any client’s request until the issue is solved
- Each client’s complaint should be followed up by an action plan to avoid the inconvenience to happen again.
- Validate the invoices after checking the data.
- Monitor the short position and inform the slab traders
- Minimize operational risk and detect fraud
- Escalation to the management and then to Management/FO/Business/Risk if needed
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong English verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well developed organizational skills and ability to work independently, ability to cope with changing priorities.
- Proactive, challenge the status quo, willing to identify inefficiencies in (trade) processing and execute change.
- Experience in an Operations role is preferred
- Risk oriented mindset
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Flexible, Easily adaptable to new changes/new challenges