Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Process and Platform Transformation Team’s (2P2T) objective is to identify, drive and implement innovative changes in WM Asia with one or a combination of these ultimate objectives: (1) increase revenue; (2) reduce cost base; (3) improve service levels; and (4) mitigate / manage risks of WM Asia.
This position is responsible for Wealth Management Project Management Office (PMO) in Asia. In addition to the PMO function responsibilities (50-60% of time), the person is also expected to get involved in project implementation tasks.
Project Management Office (PMO) Mission Statement:
• To provide transparency on the Bank Wide Project Portfolio at pre-determined intervals, coupled with accurate and timely reporting of project and portfolio metrics enabling the Asia Arbitration Committee and 2P2T Management Team to make informed decisions.
• To provide governance on the overall project management framework, including post project sponsor/stakeholder feedback (for 2P2T Projects)
This position is responsible for Wealth Management PMO in Asia
• By ensuring all new projects follow the standard project management guidelines as defined
• By coordinating with involved parties to ensure Project Definition Reports are accepted before projects move into implementation.
• By producing regular project management status reports to the business sponsor, the project office and all the involved parties
• By producing project timetable (schedule Gantt chart) periodically to management to apprise of the current status on each of the projects in portfolio
• By facilitating a quarterly arbitration committee with Asia management to prioritize and introduce new project requests into Portfolio within WM Asia
• By organizing dedicated stakeholder meetings to present them the key updates pertaining to portfolio of projects impacting their area of work
• By critically assessing Project Definition reports produced by 2P2T and by other project managers to see whether the timetable and assumptions are valid.
• By assessing the macro picture of the portfolio of projects currently in process in order to constantly review the impact of these projects on future projects that are being proposed.
• Coordinate post project sponsor/stakeholder feedback for 2P2T projects
Defining appropriate processes, structures and systems for Wealth Management and to contribute to their implementation:
• By assisting domain lead, platform transformation to implement adequate support for new business/products/projects ;
• By recommending work flows following organization changes ;
• By implementing tools in order to get improvements in efficiency, security and client satisfaction ;
• By ensuring training in respect to processes/organizational changes ;
• By acting as a coordinator for regional or transversal issues.
Contribute to the system implementation:
• By analyzing and specifying requirements for new systems ;
• By proposing plan for a consistent use of systems between Wealth Management centers where applicable ;
• By ensuring systems implementation is consistent with medium term strategy ;
• By assisting users to get processes adapted ;
• By assisting users for conversion plan, training, testing, procedures and go-live ;
• By proposing organization and procedures which will make optimum use of system.
Contribute to the planning of the medium term direction for Wealth Management Asia:
• By investigating areas where Wealth Management can achieve economies of scale between locations ;
• By working with technology on plans for the evolution of Wealth Management systems ;
• By working with the project requestors and sponsors and providing analysis or due diligence on proposed projects where required,
• By validating these propositions with the Regional Head of Organization / COO of Asia
Contribute to help Wealth Management in Asia, adapt to future changes as required by the evolution of markets, client’s needs, technology and activities:
• By following market and product development ;
• By following the evolution of regulations.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Demonstrated excellent analytical, creative and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail.
• Strong business acumen.
• An inquiring mind, curiosity and desire to understand “why”.
• Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and initiative for self-teaching.
• Interpersonal skills enabling you to operate effectively at all levels; you build strong relationships both in person and when working remotely.
• Self-starter. You don’t wait to be asked; you volunteer and consult with others to drive work to completion.
• Leadership and successful team working in a rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm.
• You are highly organized and experienced at producing project documentation.
• Excellent communication skills: formal and informal, one to one, one to many and across all organisational levels.
• Well-developed presentation skills.
• High proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Working knowledge of PMO tools such as Clarity
Specific Qualifications (if required)