BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas has operations in 75 countries and boasts more than 185,000 employees, including approximately 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutions, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The executive administrative assistant position is to support the newly appointed Deputy Head of CIB Americas and Head of Corporate Platform Americas. The position is based in NYC. The new head will be responsible to lead our strategy to grow the corporate franchise, including increasing connectivity across businesses, the Americas region and to EMEA and APAC, as well as driving cross-platform opportunities with Bank of the West in the US.
The Corporate Banking & Coverage (CBC) Americas platform within BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking division focused on building and growing relationships with clients through the dedicated coverage teams for corporate and institutional clients as well as investor relationship management support, enabling the Bank to provide integrated services across a comprehensive range of solutions.
The solutions within CBC help to accompany these various clients in their development or investment strategies and in the daily management of their operations, by providing global solutions that meet their financing, treasury, investment, financial advisory and risk management needs.
- Coordinate the scheduling and logistics for internal and external meetings. Book and confirm meeting times, participants, and locations; build prep time, work time, and follow-up time into calendar to effectively manage top priorities.
- Arrange travel including flights, lodging, and ground transportation. Manage, reconcile, and submit expense reports.
- Receive and interact with personal and executive guests and visitors.
- Represent by projecting a professional and supportive image to all parties in the screening of telephone calls, internal clients and guests. Prioritize people and situations in need of attention.
- Handle highly confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Coordinate with other C-Suite executive assistants and back up when needed.
- Regularly collaborate with colleagues, including senior leadership team members, to effectively prepare for meetings, events, and speaking engagements
- Perform executive level administrative work responsibly and in a timely manner, exercising considerable independence and sound judgment in decision-making.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with an ability to multitask and respond to rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and external partners.
- Highly motivated self-starter who works well independently and with professional discretion to anticipate needs of and opportunities.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- A strong ethic of service and desire to be a part of a dedicated support service working team.
- An unwavering commitment to producing high-quality work.
- High level of interpersonal maturity, grace, self-awareness, and sound judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrated with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 5+ years executive assistant experience in a corporate environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Speaking of French a plus but not required
FINRA Registrations Required None
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.