About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
• Maintain and upgrade BNPP Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) network and connectivity to other CIB offices, regional exchanges, collocation sites and clients
• Provide network design, solution deployment, and technical documentation for network and security related equipment such as LAN, WAN, Firewall, Load Balancer etc.
• Translates business requirements into technical designs that ensure availability, stability, scalability, security and ensure the solutions comply to Bank’s standard
• Participates in coordination with the Central architecture team to various initiatives such as Proof of Concepts, evaluations and tests. Assures those initiatives are coherent with the Regional constraints
• Understands the Regional business requirements, translates them and elaborates in coordination with the central engineering teams suitable technical solutions in line with the WIN Infrastructure standards.
• Gathers all business requirements, defines, documents and communicates solutions to the appropriate parties and Implements or oversees implementation of those solutions with the central team
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture design, implementation and support
- Practical experience in deploying network and security equipment, such as Cisco routers, switches, wireless infrastructure, firewalls and load balancers
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IP multicast, QoS with strong deployment and troubleshooting experience
- Proficiency in managing Checkpoint and Juniper firewalls
- Familiarity with network monitoring and troubleshooting/analysis tools, such as Solarwind, Netscout InfiniStream, WireShark, NetFluke, ServOne etc.
- Familiarity with Market access across Asia Pacific, and ability to utilize network knowledge and experience to improve network infrastructure performance
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Proficiency in handling complex IT-related projects: from writing a proposal, initiating, & planning projects, to executing, monitoring/controlling projects, until and including project closure.
- Good team and relationship builder with excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent document skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Experience and Qualifications required
- 10+ years of experience in Network services, with minimum 7 years in finance industry
- Expertise in connectivity and HFT network infrastructure design, implementation and support (CCIE is a strong ‘plus’)
- Expertise in Firewall implementation and support (Checkpoint certification is a strong “plus”)
- Experience with Equity and high-frequency trading (HFT) infrastructure is preferred
- Client-oriented, strong communication and organization skills
- Expertise in PMI methodology
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in English (Cantonese and/or French are a ‘plus’)