Job offer: Financial Reporting Analyst – Paris Financial Reporting team
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com), is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the strongest banks in the world (Rated AA by Standard & Poor's i.e. 3rd rating on a scale of 22).Headquartered in France, BNP Paribas has one of the largest international networks with operations in more than 80 countries and 200,000 employees. Its three core businesses are:
• Corporate and Investment Banking
• Retail Banking
• Investment Solutions
BNP Paribas India Solutions Pvt Ltd.
BNP Paribas India Solutions (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group; BNPP ISPL provides IT Solutions, BPO and Knowledge Services to the international Corporate and Investment Banking business of BNP Paribas Group.
Accountant – Manager
Financial Accounting and Reporting
Shift Timings , if any:
Overtime required as and when needed during quarterly closing months (January, April, July, October), in particular during activity peaks (between D+12/D+31).
Flexibility required to work over week-ends during quarterly closing months.
Job Purpose :
CIB Central Financial Reporting team is made up of 15 resources and manages approximately 160 entities – mainly located in CIB Regions. Each team member is in charge of a portfolio of entities.
He/she maintains a permanent relation with regional / local entity reporting teams acting as CIB Finance main correspondent for any matter related to accounting standards, control and accounting and financial data analysis.
He/she also works closely with Central Consolidated Reporting teams.
Key Responsibilities :
Analyse financial data in order to contribute to the reporting production reliability both in French and IFRS Gaap:
- Collect and follow-up accounting data on his/her branch and subsidiary portfolio
- Manage and control accounting and regulatory reports on his/her entity portfolio to ensure data quality
- Contribute to the Group Consolidated Financial reporting by:
o validating the different consolidation accounting phases
o analysing possible structure changes and proposing the required consolidation reprocessing
o posting consolidation entries
o validating reprocessing impacts on financial aggregates
- Perform Financial Statements analysis for each entity
- Maintain a permanent relation with regional/local reporting teams: process requests in an efficient manner, highlight topics requesting adjustments / investigations
- Provide assistance to regional/local entities on consolidation instructions, Matisse training, consolidation packages understanding
- Contribute to the reconciliation of Accounting and Risk data by exposure class during closing periods
- Be a driving force to contribute to the continuous improvement of CIB Financial Reporting processes
Candidate Requirements for the role:
• Education Background:
- Manager: Chartered Accountant
• #years of experience:
- Manager: 5 years+ experience
• Technical knowledge & Skills:
- Audit background for the Manager (mandatory)
- Audit or financial reporting background for Team Members
- Banking / CIB products knowledge
- IFRS knowledge (mandatory)
- Strong PC skills: advance Excel (formulas, pivot tables, ...), Word
• Preferred Industry / Domain experience :
- Banking and Financial Services
• Behavioural Skills / Competencies:
- Accuracy and thoroughness in the analysis
- Constructive criticism
- Initiative spirit
- Good communication skills (verbal, written)
- Hard working
- Ability to manage pressure and priorities during the closing process