Standard / Permanent
- Provides infrastructure support for all ESB environments, typically in a defined highly-complex project(s) related to ESB.
- Conducts a wide range of technical analyses to ensure that the supported environments meet or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements. Troubleshoot and resolve problems related to ESB infrastructure.
- Reviews system requirements and implements software solutions.
- Analyzes ESB infrastructure support requirements.
- Monitors, manages and tunes up ESB platforms for availability and performance.
- Coordinates with the Solution Delivery team tasks, related to deployments, testing, and production support.
- Manage environments, Implements/Deploys software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
- Contributes towards support approach and operational model(s).
- Defines and documents supporting documentation and configuration processes.
- OS patching and other upgrades, system maintenance, administration and diagnostics.
- Provide on-call 24x7 support, as needed.
Maintain all Appian servers & environments (Dev, Test, Staging, Prod, DR, etc). Technology stack: Oracle DB, JBoss, Apache Web, VMware Linux.
Troubleshoot and resolve problems related to Appian infrastructure. Some of this may require coordination with the developers, Appian Vendor, and other internal units.
Build new Appian servers when needed. Upgrade from 17.2 to Appian 17.4+ (utilizing its latest Engine HA features).
Consult and coordinate activities with other units (e.g. dev & application groups, DBAs, middleware, etc.) and understand required configurations.
Promote Appian workflows to the various environments. Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment.
Monitor, manage, and tune platforms for availability and performance utilizing Splunk, Solarwinds, and Appian Perflogs
Duties may include capacity planning, OS patching and other upgrades, system maintenance/administration, and diagnostics.
Provide on-call 24x7 support, as needed.
Provide technical support, as needed, to the enterprise and in house projects.
Maintain infrastructure related documents.
Complete and submit IT related paperwork that includes RFCs, Cherwell tickets, service requests.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
May have practical knowledge of project management.
• Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent degree.
- Strong team player, works well with peers within and across organizations
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Always customer focused and do what is right for the customer
- Excellent interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Great organizational skills and an eye for details