Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific - https://careers.apac.bnpparibas
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
1. Be a team member of L2 CM application production support team located across Singapore, Hong Kong and India to ensure 24 * 6 production support for the APAC region.
2. Provide application production support for Cash Management and filtering and AML systems within Asia Pacific.
3. Independently debug and propose resolution/work-around for complex production issues.
4. Ensure root cause analysis is performed where necessary and manage resulting action items to completion.
5. Coordinate across various teams to effectively manage production issues and maintenance activities.
6. Respond to user requests, incidents and follow up on problems in a timely manner.
7. Ensure incidents are reported, tracked, followed up and escalated timely in accordance
8. Resolve or coordinate the resolution of issues, through problem management process, with other internal teams and / or the vendor.
9. Coordinate and follow up with Application teams to ensure permanent fix is prioritized, planned and delivered, through the problem management process.
10. Communicate and provide status updates on issues to business users, management team and other stakeholders.
11. Contribute to preventive system monitoring and alerting, where appropriate.
12. Support change management process and application releases.
13. Support Disaster Recovery exercises, Live Play and Business Continuity activities.
14. Support IT Security activities e.g. OS patches, Middleware patches, DB patches etc.
15. Support end-of-day and end-of-month batch runs where necessary.
16. Perform and coordinate regular maintenance activities.
17. Document operational procedures, contribute to knowledge base and cross train other team members to build up functional and technical expertise for our CM applications.
18. Analyze and challenge existing support processes to achieve continuous improvement.
1. Support HKICL applications e.g. new version releases, encryption key renewals etc.
2. Liaison with HK regulators on HKICL application related technical queries.
3. Attend briefings organized by HKICL to understand the impact to production.
1. Incidents resolution.
2. Preventive maintenance.
3. Pro-active actions / measures to reduce corrective maintenance activities.
4. Weekend/Holiday/Night support.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• ORACLE PL/SQL
• UNIX / LINUX /WINDOWS skills i.e. navigating, scripting etc
• TIBCO EMS/ TIBCO BW/ TIBCO ADMIN/ MFT / BC / IBM MQ
• GENEOS monitoring
• ITSM tool: Service Now
• Database performance & SQL tuning experience is a plus
• Good technical troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Strong understanding of payments, local clearing systems, H2H concept and applications, reporting.
• Possession of experience and/or familiarity of HKICL applications is a strong advantage.
• Strong understanding of stop list filtering, AML, social engineering etc.
• Working grasp of double posting accounting treatment.
• Understanding and experience in ITIL concepts.
• Possess good analytical skill and self-motivated
• Good team player with strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Results and client oriented.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision but with a keen sense to escalate timely and appropriately.
• Excellent people management and strong communication skills. Able to write clearly in English to convey the intended message.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• University Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
• Good command of spoken and written English. Working command of spoken and written Mandarin is preferable. Working command of spoken Cantonese is an advantage.
• Strong experience in and preference for application production support.
• Strong technical background in web based applications support on JAVA/J2EE/TIBCO platform and/or COBOL platform.
• Extensive experience in supporting payments, local clearing applications and payment filtering and AML in APAC region.
Customer/Supplier Relations :
o Business lines e.g. TBA
o Middle Office e.g. PCMO
o Back Office e.g. ARPC
o ICM IT teams e.g. Payment, CDL
• Vendors of local cash management solutions e.g. FIS, Nucleus.
• Regulators i.e. HKICL, BCS, MAS.