Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Further to the third European Directive on anti-money laundering, new processes have been implemented by BNP Paribas Securities Services.
A new Due Diligence operating model is now under the responsibility of a dedicated KYC team. The KYC team is integrated to the Client Development teams and is in charge of establishing and maintaining KYC ("Know Your Customer") files for all new as well as existing clients of BNP Paribas Securities Services.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in the analysis, preparation and coordination of the KYC approval process for all KYC files that require creation and/or update in compliance with the new regulations
· Ensure the periodic review of all KYC files (1 year, 2 years or 3 years in accordance with the sensitivity of the client)
· Ensure that the KYC files are updated following any important client action (in liaison with the sales teams, the depositary function and compliance team) and any specified and additional agreements
· Collect and control the integrity of the client information data to complete each KYC file
· Ensure and contribute to the creation of KYC supporting documents; either with the sales teams, with other Group entities, directly with clients, or through research on the internet (client websites, regulators, among others)
· Oversee the screening of identified institutional client databases against Group sanction screening systems and respond to any resulting alerts
· Control linkage to Major Sanctioned Countries
· On-going monitoring, updating and screening systems for sanction lists and PEPs
· Estimate the risk of money laundering and terrorism financing
· Evaluate clients sensitivity
· Contribute to clients FATCA and AEOI identification
· Participate to building reports and analysis to be presented to senior Management as part of the Due Diligence and KYC processes
· Coordinate the validation of KYC files by the sales and relationship manager and by the Compliance team
· Participate in the improvement and optimization of processes in relation to the execution of KYC files
· Participate in the drafting of KYC procedures
· Supervise all requests from all departments (Client Development, Compliance, Audit) and create KYC files
· Fluent in English and French (mandatory)
· Academic background in Economics, Law, Data Analysis, Management or similar
· 2 years of professional experience (in financial services as preferred option)
· Business awareness
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Critical and Analytical Thinking
· Customer focus
· Results driven
· Initiative and inquisitive spirit
· Planning and Organizing
· Teamwork and Cooperation
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.