Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Within CIB, the Corporate Banking (“CB”) activities provide custom-tailored financing and a large array of banking services to corporations, such as cash management, trade finance, working capital loans, specialized lending, and advisory.
In that context, the role of Operational Permanent Control (“OPC”) is to support and safe-guard the CB business through creation and maintenance of a strong control framework around operational risks.
Under the lead of Regional Management and Head of OPC, this position will be responsible to the analytical aspect of operational risk identification, and to provide mitigants by setting up various controls and testing.
Key responsibilities are to:
• Support the coordination of New Activity Committee (NAC) & Transaction Approval Committee (TAC) process.
• Support creation / update of risk assessments on the underlying activities (risk mapping, quality of associated controls etc.) with interaction of business and operational management
• Support creation / update of control plans for each activity
• Perform control testing, report results, organize regular reviews to set action plans for remediation where relevant
• Consolidate monitoring and analysis of historical incidents and related action plans
• Contribute to country/regional Internal Control Committee and to Permanent Control Reporting
• Follow-up on the implementation of findings/recommendations assigned to the activities under his scope.
• Duty to alert on fraud or significant failures to operational management and Risk ORC, and promote operational risk monitoring and control culture.
• Support feedbacks to Heads of activities on risk/controls (report on incidents, validation of control plan, monitoring of recommendations, escalation, proposition of new controls etc.)
• Contribute on regulator enquiries / surveys on Operational Risk and Internal Control
• Participate on ad hoc basis to projects such as Front to Back Risk Assessment, Incident investigation, etc.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Follow and spread the BNPP professional behaviors
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong analytical skills
• Act with integrity and responsibility
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate with senior management
• Show a continuous improvement mindset & problem solving mindset
• Provide excellence in term of quality of deliveries and quality of service
• Able to work under pressure
• Bachelor Degree or Master Degree
• Past experience (example, internships) in Structured Finance, Transaction Banking, Cash Management and/or Trade Finance is an advantage
• Experience in multi-cultural environment
• Fluent in English is a must, speaking one Asian language is a plus