Standard / Permanent
Cardif Pinnacle in Borehamwood is seeking a full-time Infrastructure Services Specialist Linux to work within the IT Infrastructure Services Department.
It's a great time to join us on our progressive journey. We are a subsidiary of
BNP Paribas Cardif, a worldwide provider of insurance and savings products, and ultimately part of the global banking group, BNP Paribas.
The company is focused upon the provision of creditor, pet and motor warranty insurance. The strategy of the business is to ensure that customers are well serviced whilst focusing on the operational capabilities and efficiency.
- Installation and configuration of the Linux operating platforms to ensure that they are secure and available.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system problems.
- Document and maintain the configuration of Linux systems.
- Manage and maintain both physical and virtual (VMware) server environments.
- Manage and maintain the databases used by the web infrastructure.
- Define, document and maintain key policies, procedures and controls in line with company standards.
- Establish and maintain appropriate procedures for monitoring system performance & usage.
- Conduct and respond (resolve queries/issues) to regular penetration tests.
- Regularly monitor all critical and internet facing Linux servers for signs of intrusion and respond appropriately.
- Design, evaluate and implement infrastructure technology to improve performance and efficiency of systems and processes.
- General administration of the Linux systems; user, folder and file management; management of DNS, NFS, SAMBA, SMTP, Apache, IP Tables etc.
- Manage and maintain the Cardif Pinnacle secure email gateway and internet cache servers.
- Define, set up, manage, maintain and document internal and external secure file transfers using appropriate tools and systems.
- Maintain and manage internet services such as DNS and MX records; PGP Keys servers etc.
- Write scripts to assist with procedures and monitoring controls.
- Provide support in response to requests for technical assistance in line with company quality & service level agreements.
- Report as necessary on performance against agreed KPI’s, objectives, timescales or standards.
- Work closely with development teams, DBA’s, architects and environment owners to design, plan and build infrastructure to meet business requirements.
- Develop personal or technical skills and capability through on-going training as provided by, or approved by HR.
- Provide out of hours on-call support on a rota basis for systems under SLA to clients.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate group and industry audit requirements.
- Carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested.
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits
- 10% Non contributory Pension Scheme + 2.5% matched by company
- 24 days holiday per annum
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Birthday day off
- Private medical cover
- Subsidised onsite cafe
- Award winning range of flexible benefits including RAC membership, retail discounts, will writing, childcare vouchers, Art Pass
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Educated to Degree level (preferably a computing degree)
- In-depth RHEL, experience (5+ years administration)
- Excellent scripting skills (Perl/Bash/Python)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- LAMP stack
- Monitoring: Nagios; Munin
- Managed File Transfer Solutions
- Clearswift Secure Email Gateway
- PGP Universal Server
- ITIL v3
- Computing or related Degree
- Driving licence
- ITIL Foundation
- Ability to work to a shift rota
- Ability to provide 24/7 on-call cover on a rota basis