IHC Data Analyst
Standard / Permanent
- Work with development teams throughout system implementation and delivery.
- Act as the first line of contact to interface with Data Governance business users
- Conduct data analysis in support of applications and projects, including identifying and documenting business rules, data needs and data specifications.
- Collaborate across application development and technology teams within IT to ensure that business requirements are fully understood.
- Participate in design, development, testing and implementation of solutions.
- A key member of the project team, the DA works with the project manager, development manager, developers, business analysts, and quality assurance teams to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Help to support, maintain and debug existing applications and systems.
- Participate and assist with testing, configuration/release management, and deployment.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Computer Science or Information Technology.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a financial institution IT Environment
- Hands on experience with Informatica Data Quality toolset(Informatica) or similar tools
- Good to have an understanding of Regulatory initiatives – Basel II, Basel III, Dodd Frank and CCAR
- Understanding of information governance principals
- Solid knowledge of financial industry and related products
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, Clarity, SQL & BI tools
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written forms
- Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and creatively address various topics on-hand
- Ability to work independently and become an effective team member
- Effectively conveys the message in both written and verbal business development discussions