Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The HR Connect team is located in Lisbon and supports the Human Resources team in the UK Head Office of BNP Paribas. Its primary role is to act as the first point of contact for employees, providing excellent customer service over the telephone and email.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Part of a team of HR Connect Advisors, there are two elements to the role: (1) to provide exceptional customer service to employees, acting as the first point of contact for all HR queries and (2) to perform transactional processes throughout the employee life cycle in a timely and accurate manner.
More precisely the HR Connect Advisor is responsible for:
- Act as the first point of contact in HR for employees, responding to and resolving queries across the full spectrum of HR activities
- When appropriate, seek assistance from other areas of HR, maintaining ownership of simple queries to resolution and handing off complex queries efficiently
- Process HR transactions using a range of HR systems
- Manage people-related risk by applying policies and following processes consistently, escalating and obtaining the appropriate sign-off for exceptions
- Responsible for the maintenance of employee data integrity on key systems such as PeopleSoft, SPEAR, 3rd party applications management and in electronic employee files
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the full range of HR policies and processes in order to deal with employee queries
- Support the continuous improvement of HR Connect by identifying policy, process and system improvements
- Previous inhouse HR Connect/shared services experience with extensive knowledge of HR processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications and HR systems (preferably Peoplesoft)
- Good understanding of HR policy, process and technology
- Awareness of employee relations matters and HR operational processes
- Flexibility and ability to work across the full range of HR processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong client focus
- Strong planning and organisational skills: ability to plan and deliver results in a reactive/ proactive customer service environment
- Ability to work on several tasks concurrently, and respond to customer queries and transactions within tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and quality awareness
- Problem solving skills: ability to identify potential risks, existing issues and to resolve problems promptly, escalating as appropriate
- Change-orientation: ability to encourage improvements and innovation and to challenge traditional approaches
- Ability to build productive relationships with colleagues in Lisbon and the HR teams in London, working collaboratively to solve operational issues and deliver the highest level of customer service
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.