Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of reference letters for employees and ex-employees
- Process HR transactions using a range of HR systems
- Creation of employee files and the filing of personnel documentation
- Assisting with preparation of new starter induction
- Assisting the HR Connect advisors with ad-hoc tasks during busy times
- Previous inhouse HR Connect/ shared service experience
- Ability to use a range of software and programmes and develop an understanding of HR systems
- A good understanding of HR policy and processes
- Awareness of employee relations matters and HR operational processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational and commercial skills: the ability to plan and deliver results in a reactive/ proactive customer service environment
- Attention to detail and quality awareness
- The ability to work on several tasks concurrently, and respond to customer queries and transactions within tight deadlines
- A passion for client service and commitment to operational excellence
- Ability to build productive relationships with colleagues in Lisbon and the HR teams in London, working collaboratively to solve operational issues and deliver the highest level of customer service.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.