DEPARTMENT - ELS VENDOR SALES
LOCATION - HOME BASED
CONTRACT TYPE - PERMANENT
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We’re a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
WHAT AM I ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
I will lead and manage the Construction & Logistics Sales team of the ELS (Equipment Logistic Solutions) Vendor Sales department to achieve the designated revenue objectives set by the Company, by coaching and supporting, both individually and through sales management, to achieve agreed finance penetration rates. I will also ensure that conversion efficiencies across the sales team contribute to us providing industry leading service and support achievement of our desired cost/income ratio. I will be responsible for the overall delivery of the ELS Vendor Sales strategy and will provide input into the overall business strategy of the ELS Vendor unit.
MY KEY ACTIVITIES
- Managing the performance of the Construction & Logistics team through the provision and review of clear objectives, coaching and identifying and sourcing training as appropriate
- Monitoring and reviewing KPIs and SLAs with the ELS Vendor Management team to ensure agreed sales efficiency and service quality is achieved, proposing changes to processes as appropriate
- Pro-actively developing a new business plan and sales strategy for the Construction & Logistics sales team identifying and helping to secure new business opportunities in-line with this plan
- Dealing with specific complex sales queries from introductory sources which exceed the authority level of team members
- Maintaining awareness of changing market conditions, communicating and proposing potential new income sources accordingly as part of the overall ELS Vendor business plan
- Ensuring robust processes exist so that all required introductory source reviews are managed in a timely fashion resulting in them remaining valid and compliant.
MY EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
Manufacturers, Dealers, Brokers
MY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
ELS Vendor Operations, ELS Credit, Group Risk, Partner Systems, Marketing, Customer Services, Asset Management, ELS Vendor Management Team, International Business Line Relationship Team
I can demonstrate strong leadership and managerial skills across multiple teams in a vendor finance environment
I can demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills
I have strong commercial acumen to identify and create profitable new opportunities
I have excellent communication skills with an ability to influence at senior level
I am numerate with strong attention to detail
I have in-depth and extensive knowledge and understanding of commercial finance including very strong credit and risk awareness
I can work under my own initiative, but also as part of a dynamic senior management team.
Home based, with regular visits (at least weekly), to the office in Basingstoke.
I will be provided with all appropriate equipment to set up a home office.
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday. Additional hours will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Office dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Holding regular departmental meetings and contributing to ELS Vendor Exco meetings and other intra departmental meetings as required
- Ensuring maintenance of departmental dashboards to provide insight into overall team performance
- Providing regular feedback to IBL relationship colleagues on the performance of global Key Account relationships
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
- Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements
- Ensuring that adequate controls are in place to minimise risk to the Company and that these controls are operational, reviewing them as necessary to reflect any changes to procedures or the business.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.