Standard / Permanent
Developing and executing sales strategies to generate significant new business from targeted Asset Managers , Asset Owners and Financial Intermediaries prospects in Japan.
•Monitoring progression of same
•Negotiating/closing opportunities and ensuring successful implementation of new client take-on
•Implementing BP2S Coverage disciplines and global best practices for all clients
•Ensuring effective working relationship with Client Services team in a view to deliver client satisfaction
•Participating in industry and professional networking events and external market groups
•Collating intelligence and providing market feedback to Product and BP2S management, specifically on gaps in current products and/or solutions in order to effect improvements in capability and efficiency (as/if required)
•Working with colleagues across BP2S (within region and globally) to acquire/maintain knowledge and to organize cross sell of further product to existing clients
•Providing a conduit of news related to Japan which is relevant to the wider business
•Contributing to the strategic process
•Contributing to local/regional management of the BP2S franchise
•Complying with BP2S practices & procedures
•Ensuring expenses remain within budget
•Recruiting, managing and developing additional resources (eg: sales and relationship management headcount) as per agreed plan and budget. Setting objectives and targets for same.
•Coordination of the sales effort on with other locations on multi-locations deals.
The position carries secondary or supporting roles (which should be driven by other functions in BP2S as highlighted in brackets, but for which this position is a key contributor:
•Market research / analysis / planning (Marketing)
•Advertising, PR and sales promotion (Marketing)
•Client migration (Operations)
•Product Approval Process (Product)
•Identify and integrate acquisitions (Head of Location/Strategic Business Development)
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and remotely.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Customer focus.
• Strong product and industry knowledge.
• Ability to leverage valuable industry contacts.
• Financial & negotiation skills.
• Ability to discern new trends and opportunities.
• Flexibility and adaptability necessary to optimise 'start-up'/evolutionary nature of a new role
• Proven business development track record.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, strategic thinking and creativity
• Strong listening, analytical and negotiation skills
• Entrepreneur and independent
• Persistent, focused and self-motivated
• Team player
• MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Specific Qualifications Required
• MBA equivalent or Bachelor's degree required with 10+ years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities in the global securities services industry.