Head of APAC Network Architecture
Standard / Permanent
- Lead the team of APAC Network Architecture for defining and manage network standards, deployment of data, video and voice network related projects
- Develop strategies and direction for network and related IT infrastructure solutions using current and emerging technologies
- Participate in, plan and recommend network and related IT technology asset architectures and recommend new/emerging technology for application into the Bank
- Maintain and upgrade BNPP network and connectivity to other offices, regional exchanges, collocation sites and clients.
- Provide network design, solution deployment, and technical documentation for network and security related equipment such as LAN, WAN, Firewall, Load Balancer etc.
- Identify simplification opportunities in the infrastructure’s
- Translates business requirements into technical designs that ensure availability, stability, scalability, security and ensure the solutions comply to Bank’s standard
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture design, implementation and support
- Practical experience in deploying network and security equipment, such as Cisco routers, switches, wireless infrastructure, firewalls and load balancers
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IP multicast, QoS with strong deployment and troubleshooting experience
- Proficiency in managing Checkpoint, Fortigate and Juniper firewalls
- Optimizing the current network through thoughtful changes in the current architecture and design
- Familiarity with Market access across Asia Pacific, and ability to utilize network knowledge and experience to improve network infrastructure performance
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Proficiency in handling complex IT-related projects: from writing a proposal, initiating, & planning projects, to executing, monitoring/controlling projects, until and including project closure.
- Prepares the regional budget for the network infrastructure area ensuring cost effective and management of the IT spend.
- Hand on experience in Data Centre setup/relocation
- Build strong morale and fostering a positive work environment by conducting meaningful performance reviews, identify and facilitate career development within the team
- Good team and relationship builder with excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent documentation skills
Experience and Qualifications required
- 10+ years of experience in Network services, with minimum 7 years in finance industry
- 5+ years of experience as Network Architect with focus on network related components ie.e Cisco, Checkpoint, F5 etc
- Expertise in connectivity and HFT network infrastructure design, implementation and support (CCIE is a strong ‘plus’)
- Expertise in Firewall implementation and support (Checkpoint certification is a strong “plus”)
- Experience with Equity and high-frequency trading (HFT) infrastructure is preferred
- Client-oriented, strong communication and organization skills
- Expertise in PMI methodology
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in English (Cantonese/Mandarin and/or French are a ‘plus’)