Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Exotic Trade Support main mission is to be the first level of control of transactions on Equity Derivatives and Commodities with a strong operational risk management approach.
The Trade support team is in charge of:
- Control all primary transactions and price the associated exotic payoff
- Book in the systems unwinds/increases occurred during the primary phase (e.g. before issue date)
- Book manually the pre-hedged deals in the systems
- Liaise with the reconciliation teams via the dedicated workflow and answer their requests
- Daily check the payoffs amendments
- Interact efficiently with Front Office and other Operations teams
The team integration will begin with a few months training on site (Paris) within the Primary team assistance.
· Master degree in Mathematics or Finance (mandatory)
- 0 to 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Mathematical and financial skills are essential
- Equities & Interest Rates derivatives knowledge is a plus
- Strong Excel skills (mandatory)
- Fluent in English is mandatory
- Knowledge of French is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Be driven, enthusiastic and dynamic in search of improving processes, controls & procedures
- Control awareness, accuracy and absolute attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workloads & use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Availably for a training period abroad – up to 3 months
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.