Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today ?
At the bank for a changing world, our employees make change their greatest asset, turning challenges into opportunities. They think ahead to offer customers innovative solutions perfectly suited to their needs.
At BNP Paribas Fortis, the country’s number one bank, employees enjoy continuous career growth in a rewarding and flexible work environment.
Are you intrigued by process management and securities? Is the financial world your thing? Do you have the skills to transform concepts into processes? Then this vacancy is for you. Because the Process Management Securities department, part of End-to-End Operations, is looking for a Process Officer/Process Manager.
Our dream candidate is a specialist in fiscality, legislation and regulating securities, or more specifically, Custody & Corporate Actions.
The Process Management Securities service is responsible for the management, follow-up and continuous improvement of the end-to-end value chain in the securities world. We see this value chain as being decidedly spacious. This is why we work with several different partners.
Our responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Following up, measuring, analysing and optimising processes (Business Process Management and Process Improvement). We improve quality and efficiency and limit costs and risks.
- Performing studies for the start-up of a project or in relation to activities, problems and opportunities.
- Participating in projects for the development and implementation of new products and/or services in the Invest domain. Providing communication, documentation and training when new products or processes are introduced, or existing situations are changed (Change Management).
The processes you are responsible for primarily take place in the domain of the end-to-end activities and processes of corporate actions (activities related to securities, dividends, coupons and reimbursements) and the application of fiscal rules. You work closely with the operational management in these pursuits.
Your future job :
As our Process Officer, you work thoroughly and autonomously following the fiscal processes in the securities domain. You manage the fiscal rules of securities transactions such as speculation taxes, withholding taxes, stock taxes and possible foreign withholding taxes.
You constantly watch over processes to keep them up to date and to improve them wherever possible. On this basis, you define various tasks that you perform:
- You document and analyse the current and the desired situation
(AS-IS and TO-BE).
- You suggest improvements and monitor them through impact analysis, documentation and change management.
- You act as a consultant for other entities within Invest. They rely on your fiscal knowledge.
- You collaborate in or lead the (re)design of processes.
- You support the Corporate Actions operational team with their fiscal needs.
- You are a privileged partner of the Tax Retail department.
- You turn fiscal analyses from Tax Retail into usable processes, products and systems that you then apply.
- You make analyses for frequent or standardised types of corporate actions.
And to accomplish all this:
- You work closely with your colleagues from other departments.
- You are responsible for the planning, organisation, follow-up and reporting of your tasks or those of the team.
- You make decisions relating to your area of competence.
- You proactively follow up issues and risks and fine tune your planning and organisation on this basis.
Highlight your strengths !
- You have a master’s degree in Fiscality, or in Law with a minor in Fiscality, or you have the equivalent experience in this area.
- You have experience with securities and corporate actions.
- You work in a structured, well-documented and organised manner, hand in hand with diverse stakeholders.
- You think and work analytically with an eye on results.
- You have experience in process management or are prepared to build it up.
- You know the ins and outs of Belgian, supranational, and international taxation law (tax treaties, international case law, foreign tax).
- You are always happy to expand your knowledge of new laws through independent study.
- You have strong communication skills, whether you are writing or speaking.
- You’re a native speaker of Dutch or French with a very good knowledge of the other language.
- You understand and speak English well.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values. At BNP Paribas Fortis we want to attract and retain women and men of all ages, from all backgrounds, each with his or her own experience. We firmly believe that diversity increases performance and innovation. All our offers for full time are also available for 90% or 80%
What does BNP Paribas Fortis offer you ?
We offer you:
- the next step in your career, one where you further sharpen your knowledge of securities and fiscality;
- a training trajectory which not only thoroughly introduces you to the world and methodology of process and change management, but also gives you the opportunity to apply your knowledge;
- a collegial work environment where collaboration is central and in which you have the opportunity of furthering your career in service of the bank.
Tempted by the challenge ?
Apply online now! Make sure your CV and letter of motivation will convince us you’re the right person for the job. You’ll hear from us in no time!