DATA VISUALISATION SPECIALIST (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five house worldwide.
BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
Analytics Consulting, a new team created within BNP Paribas to provide Business Intelligence, is looking for data visualisation specialists to help deliver Big Data solutions.
A typical AC project has three phases. The team starts by taking large data sources, typically unstructured, sometimes internal and sometimes from the Internet, and processes them using ETL techniques. Then, it extracts actionable information (predictions, recommendations, etc.) from the cleaned up data with ML and statistical tools. Finally, the team presents the information and resulting insights to the final clients using interactive dashboards.
If you want to work in challenging data engineering problems with a transversal team, are analytically oriented or an ace in data visualisation, then get in touch with us.
The Data Visualisation Specialist is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of information delivery solutions based on visual communication and interaction for the Analytics Consulting team’s clients.
- Analyse users’ needs
- Collaborate with Analytics Consulting team to best understand the needs and expectations of the clients for each application development
- Proactively suggest the most adapted solutions to display information in a user-friendly and innovative way
- Ensure the solutions proposed are compatible with the technical set-up of the team
- Produce and adapt data visualisations
- Create the Tableau and/or D3js solutions and required supporting architecture
- Coordinate with data scientists and business analysts to integrate data visualisations in applications / dashboards / tools being produced
- Maintain a strong market watch on the information display solutions and share best practices with the Analytics Consulting team
- University graduate, Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Former experience in the field of Data visualisation or Business Intelligence or Information Management is an advantage
- Demonstrable proficiency with enterprise Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, D3js...)
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Design skills (e.g. Photoshop, GIMP…) is a plus
- Microsoft Office suite is a plus
- Marketing knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sensitivity / appetite for graphic design
- Team spirit
- Flexibility: ability to work in a changing environment
- Project management skills
- English fluent
- French and Portuguese are a plus